Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just returned from my first Just You holiday. The tour stayed at the Strandhotel in weyregg, the hotel was very clean, the only slight problem was that the milk in your room was to last all week and our towels didn't get changed. My room was very spacious and overlooked the trees and mountains. I met some amazing friendly people on this trip and we all seemed to get on really well together, we shared a few laughs and enjoyed a couple of trips to the local pub. Weyregg itself is a very very quiet village, the lake there is beautiful. The weather was very nice, only 1 day of rain. I did all the optional excursions and they were really good, we visited some very beautiful places, which otherwise I probably wouldn't have seen. Carol our Tour Guide was very good and had loads of knowledge to share with us, she made the trips really interesting and she answered all our questions. Herbert our Coach Driver did a brilliant job too!!!! I had the best time ever and will certainly be booking with Just you again. 1st trip on a cable car......brilliant, 1st trip in a horse drawn carriage....brilliant, 1st visit to Austria....brilliant and 1st solo holiday.... guess what Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! 1st taste of schnapps.....yuk!!!!! lol. Don't be afraid to take that first step, it's worth it. Lynne x
Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Lynne,

I did this holiday in late August and remember some people on our trip saying their towels weren't changed. However this was only the case if you hung them up, they were changed if you left them on the shower floor as happens in many hotels nowadays.

Great you had a good time it is a very nice holiday I agree.

Mick

JustAndy103
(Member)
Hi Lynne

I was probably getting on the same plane as you got off, As i returned home on the 14th. I had done this trip on two occasions. It is a splendid little trip isnt it. And ideal for a first time solo holiday. And all the experiences you saw and tasted well worth it

However i never experienced the thing with the towels as this is most unusual

Andy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi I agree with Mick, it seems to be standard practice in hotels these days if you leave towels on the floor they will be replaced but not if you hang them up. You live and learn!

All the best,

Bob[/u]

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Lynne

I was probably getting on the same plane as you got off, As i returned home on the 14th. I had done this trip on two occasions. It is a splendid little trip isnt it. And ideal for a first time solo holiday. And all the experiences you saw and tasted well worth it

Andy

The towels didn't spoil it for me!!!!!! I had the most amazing holiday and made some amazing friends.....to think I was so apprehensive. The hotel was lovely and Thomas was an amazing character to say the least. I would definitely recommend The country of "The Sound of Music" my one regret is that I didn't do the official tour, I'll do that next time though lol. I will definitely travel with Just you again. It was amazing, just the tonic I needed. Maybe I'll see you on one of the trips. Lynne x

Lynne Shields
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi I agree with Mick, it seems to be standard practice in hotels these days if you leave towels on the floor they will be replaced but not if you hang them up. You live and learn!

All the best,

Bob[/u]

I left my towels on the floor midweek, but it wasn't a problem!!!!!! I had the best time ever, I visited some amazing places and met some amazing people. will definitely book with just you again!!!!!!! Lynne

JustAndy103
(Member)
'Lynne wrote:

'JustAndy103' wrote:

Hi Lynne

Andy

The towels didn't spoil it for me!!!!!! I had the most amazing holiday and made some amazing friends.....to think I was so apprehensive. The hotel was lovely and Thomas was an amazing character to say the least. I would definitely recommend The country of "The Sound of Music" my one regret is that I didn't do the official tour, I'll do that next time though lol. I will definitely travel with Just you again. It was amazing, just the tonic I needed. Maybe I'll see you on one of the trips. Lynne x

Hi Lynne.

Just a point to note with regards to milk etc, And tea making facilities in General. Most Hotels in Austria tend not to do this type of thing, And I would guess that The Strand is probably one of the few that do

And the schanpps is brilliant, You must have drank it wrong, Where to next?

Andy