tishtosh84
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Having just come back from Italy I wanted to give my review.

The first hotel, Hotel Nelson was very nice. The bedroom I was in was, a double bed with a shower room, toilet and a feet bath thing. I even had a flat screen T.V. From the balcony I could see the town I was in and also I could see the sea. In fact the hotel is only a 5 minute walk to the beach with its own little section.

On the roof of the hotel was a swimming pool.

The food was lovely and had a continental breakfast, and for dinner we had a four course meal, a salad course, a pasta course, a meat/fish and potato course, then a dessert course.

The second hotel, Grand Hotel Panoramic, was the best hotel on the trip. It has 4 stars and it was well worth it. The rooms felt the same as the other hotel with the same facilities in the rooms, but the food was a lot nicer as the first hotels meals seemed as if they were bought then microwaved, while this one was more cooked in the kitchens. We once again had a LOT of pasta, but I'm not complaining as it was gorgeous.

The third hotel was the Hotel Imperial. This one didn't have a pool but we wouldn't of had time to enjoy it anyway as we were so busy.

Again the room was nice, but this time I didn't get a flat screen T.V (not that I'm complaining) and I had a bath/shower combination in my bathroom.

They were also good as we who had a later flight could keep our rooms until we were leaving.

Now for the holiday itself. I was a bit disappointed that when we arrived in Venice airport there was only the taxi driver to take us to our Hotel. Not having been on a Just You holiday before I had no idea what to expect and no guidance of what to do. Thankfully I did meet others that had been on a JY holiday before, but we still didn't know when the others on our trip were to arrive nor our guide. It would have been nice to of at least had a note at the hotel to tell us what time the others were arriving and to just relax before then, and what time to meet downstairs for welcome drink etc.

The places we visited were brilliant, shame about the weather though as by Florence it was getting colder and it rained a bit.

The guides were fantastic and as all three used mics and we were all listening through radios, we could always hear them. the exception was Florence as the wind kept blowing in the mic, but as that wasn't anyones fault I can't complain about it.

The only city that I was disappointed about was Rome. All the other's we went to, we had a good look round and even had time to take pics. Rome though felt too rushed. I know we couldn't go into the Vatican city as there was a queue about 5 hours long, but I would of thought the company would of bought tickets for those who wanted to go in, also as Rome is HUGE we all went back into the coach and drove around some of the famous buildings, but I would of preferred to at least of been allowed to get out to see the Colosseum and take photo's outside of the coach. That would of been better as we just drove past it, and again as the queue's were long the company should of been able to of bought tickets in advance, or at least of told us before going.

Our guide Freddie was friendly once you got to know him, but I don't think he was good at talking to a crowd of people as he seemed more comfortable talking in smaller groups or even one to one.

Being a mixed group of age's, he also wasn't considerate enough for the older members as he was walking fast and some people in the group had a hard time catching up.

He did though take care of us, and listened to complaints, he was also kind to one of the ladies he got very ill on the trip, we even stayed in one of the cities past the time we were suppose to looking for a lost member of the group.

Scoring for this holiday: I give this holiday a 8 1/2 out of 10. As it was brilliant and it inspires me to go on another JY tour. I've just got to figure out which one. 🙂