Dawn of the northeast
(Member) (Topic Starter)
[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=medium]

Back to work tomorrow so grabbing the opportunity to post this reflection before life here overtakes!

This is a great holiday for those new to or well used to singles trips.

There is a richness and diversity of the included trips to please most people. Personally, I would have appreciated a days rest after arriving as it was a bit of a trek from the north; but we went straight into two of the paid trips on day one and two of the break.

Like most trips, it is the guide and folk on it that make the holiday. I think I speak for the whole group when I say that Tessa was absolutely ACE!!!!!!!!! She is the consumate professional and managed some potentially difficult issues with considerable grace and humour.She organised a great night out for us at a local Tapas Bar - an evening I will not forget! Her local knowledge is huge and her fluency in Spanish eased us through a lovely, interesting break.

The hotel is very clean with friendly staff but if you are on the first floor it may prove noisey as the rooms are connected by a door.:@ Moved after first night. The hotels are very closely built.Locally it is noisey - the Spanish and tourists keep very different hours but I found the joy of Siestas when all is quiet when not on a trip. The food is a bit duff but plenty of places around if it is not to your taste. Breakfast coffee is good!!!!!!!!!:) Istanbul Kebab House does Halal meat with great Kebabs.

Finally I have to say thank you to all who went with me and helped make the trip so good.

Special mentions to 'Judy Dench', 'Sparrow', 'our Kim', the 'train driver' who is an absolute hoot, 'our Neil' and finally but not least to the 'quiet one' who hails from the land of Crop Circles equiped with a laser wit!