TonyW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie 

How many have booked for Undiscovered Georgia 21/09/19. 

TonyW

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Tony,

There are 6 people booked on so far, 2 men and 4 women. Their ages range from late 60s to mid 70s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

TonyW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Tony,

There are 6 people booked on so far, 2 men and 4 women. Their ages range from late 60s to mid 70s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Hi Vickie 

Thanks for info. I will look for my voucher number and phone in to book.

Thank

TonyW

PaulaH
(Member)
Hi,

I'm really interested in this tour. What is the maximum number if people this tour takes?

Thanks

Paula

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Paula,

It depends which date you're interested in, but the group size ranges from 11-13 depending 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

PaulaH
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi Paula,

It depends which date you're interested in, but the group size ranges from 11-13 depending 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

Thanks Vicki,  I'm thinking of September this year.

Can you confirm how many are currently booked and also what the max number would be.

Thanks 

Paula

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Paula,

For our September date we have 7 people booked so far, 3 men and 4 women. Their ages range from early 60s to mid 70s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Vickie

How many are booked on the 21st September with the Armenia add on and what are the max sizes for the main tour and the add on.

Many thanks

Vickie
(Member)
Good morning Jonah,

There are 25 people booked on this tour, including the add-on, 6 men and 19 women. Their ages range from early 60s to early 80s.

To give you a breakdown, on the main tour only there are 8 people booked so far, and the maximum number is 11.

On the add-on there are 17 people booked so far, and the maximum number is 19.

Thanks,

Vickie

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sorry Vickie but I am really confused.

Yesterday you responded that the group size was 11-13 and 7 people had booked.

Today there are 25 and I don't understand how there can be 8 on the main tour and 17 on the add on.  Surely that is 25 on the main tour of whom 17 are doing the add on.  I still don't understand how it has gone from a max size of 11-13  and we now have 25!!!

Regards

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Jonah,

Apologies, yesterday I only looked at the main tour, not with the add-on.

There are 25 people booked on the main tour, which has a maximum allocation of 30.

Of those 25, there are 17 people booked on-to the add-on, of which there is a maximum allocation 19.

Many thanks,

Vickie

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Now booked with the add on but nearly missed the last place on the add on due to this mis-information. The split between main tour and add-on still causes confusion.

Do you have the m/f split and age range please?.

Regards

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Jonah,

I'm really sorry about that and so glad you got booked on. Apologies again for the confusion, I have now had clarification on how this information is displayed on our system so I can make sure I'm giving the correct numbers.

We've had a few more bookings now so the total booked on the tour, including add-on is 27.

There are 6 men and 21 women and their ages range from late 30s to early 80s.

Many thanks,

Vickie

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
anpev
  • (Member)
(Member)
I've been looking at this tour with the add-on to Armenia, as I notice there is still availability on some of the other dates. I can't find much information about the add-on, other than the overview in the brochure; nothing on-line. I was looking for an itinerary.

Is it B&B, HB?

Is the add-on accompanied by a tour manager?

The brochure says that there is an included tour of the city, are the other places mentioned included in the price or are they optional excursions on other days?

If they're optional can you give me an indication of the price please?

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Anpev,

Here's the itinerary for the add-on part of the tour. Your Tour Manager will go with you, and the meals for each day are listed below. All trips mentioned are included in the price of the tour.

Day 8 Saguramo

After a leisurely breakfast, we'll visit the outstanding Guramishvili Winery in Saguramo and discover a historical wine cellar. Enjoy another tasting of Georgian wine and a wonderful lunch before returning to Tbilisi.

Meals: B,L

Day 9 Yerevan

This morning we will check out of the hotel and drive to the Armenian border at Sadakhlo. From here, we will continue to the UNESCO-listed Haghpat monastery complex. Dating back to the 10th century, it was once a scientific centre where monks could study medicine, astronomy, literature and more.

Our journey continues to Yerevan, the capital of Armenia, and on arrival we'll head off on a tour. Beginning at the heart of the city in Republic Square, we'll make our way to Cascade, an imposing white stairway and home to a museum of modern art. We'll also visit the Opera House, an architectural masterpiece designed by Alexander Tamanyan. After time to freshen up, we'll get together again this evening and enjoy dinner in a nearby restaurant.

Meals: B,D

Day 10 Khor Virap Monastery & Armenian brandy tasting

Today begins with a visit to Khor Virap Monastery, which is set against the stunning backdrop of snow-capped Mount Ararat and renowned as the birthplace of Armenian Christianity. In the late 3rd century, evangelist St Gregory the Illuminator is said to have been imprisoned in a well here by pagan King Trdat III. For around 13 years, he was secretly fed by Christian women and later went on to cure the king of illness. Perhaps as a mark of his gratitude, the king later converted to Christianity and declared it Armenia's official religion. Today, the monastery is an important pilgrimage site and visitors can even climb into the well to see where the saint was held captive. Next, we'll head to Echmiadzin, the centre of the Armenian Apostolic Church and site of the country's oldest Christian church.

As we make our way back to Yerevan, our day comes to an end with a visit to an Armenian brandy factory. We'll enjoy a tour and of course a tasting of the celebrated spirit, said to have been a favourite of Sir Winston Churchill. After time to freshen up, we'll head to a restaurant for dinner.

Meals: B,D

Day 11 The 'Emerald of Armenia'

We're heading to Kotayk Provence today and the magnificent Geghard Monastery, which is set against towering cliffs amidst stunning natural scenery. It's a fine example of medieval architecture, and many of the complex's churches and tombs are cut into the surrounding rock. We'll make a stop at Garni to see the Greek-style colonnaded temple dedicated to the sun goddess Mithra, and then continue our journey to Lake Sevan. Set 1,900 metres above sea level, this beautiful setting is known as the 'Emerald of Armenia,' and is one of the largest high-altitude freshwater lakes in the world. We'll visit Sevanavank, a beautiful monastery set on a rocky peninsula in the north western part of the lake and then drive to the city of Dilijan. Surrounded by natural beauty, it was once a popular retreat for artists, composers and writers and is home to splendid examples of traditional Armenian architecture.

Meals: B

Day 12 Tbilisi

After breakfast we'll leave the hotel and cross the border back into Georgia. We'll head back to Tbilisi, where you'll spend some time at leisure. Perhaps shop for some last-minute souvenirs at Dry Bridge open-air flea market before we transfer you to the airport for your flight back to the UK.

Meals: B,L

Thanks,

Vickie

anpev
  • (Member)
(Member)
RogertheRed
(Member)
'jonah' wrote:

Thanks Vickie

Hi Chris,

I'm booked in May to do this trip but without the add on.

Will write a review on my return.

Hope you're keeping well.

Regards,

Roger

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger

Lovely to hear from you,  Look forward to the review and I hope you have a great trip.

Regards

Chris

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roger

A friend and I have booked this trip, too, departing in May

We haven't booked the add-on.

We are really looking forward to going.

Kind Regards

Di