Dina
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie

I am interested in this holiday but don't want to book anything until the new brochure appears. I am hoping that Ethiopia is in the new book-any hints there please?

If I go to Sri Lanka I would really like to go to Yala but it isn't in the itinerary. I do know that Yala is included in other companies brochures.

So is there any chance that you could find out whether I could go to Yala for a day if I booked it at the Hotel in Hikkaduwa,please After googling it I think that it could be a possibility but am not certain.

Likewise peak whale watching season, which includes the blue whale, is in March and there seems to be opportunities to go whale watching at Mirissa I think that this could be booked at our hotel in Hikkaduwa, too.

Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you. If the information is positive it could sway me to book the JY Sri Lanka trip.

kind regards

Di

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Dina,

We'll be revealing hints from the new brochure soon, so please stay tuned!

I've passed your questions to the team so I'll get back to you with their reply 🙂

Thanks,

Vickie

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie

Thank you- will stay tuned, won't be long before the new brochure is out anyway.

Will be thinking of Sri Lanka also, depending on the feedback from your office.

Kind Regards

Di

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Dina

I was in Sri Lanka with another company in May and we spent an enjoyable two days in a lovely hotel at Yala. Can recommend a visit.

Lesley

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lesley

Thank you for your comments.

If I go to Sri Lanka I really want to go to Yala. I think that it is supposed to be one of the best places to see Leopards. I don't know why Yala isn't on the JY itinerary. Minneriya National Park is, which is great if you want to see elephants but after doing a bit of research I think that the wildlife in Yala is more diverse.

Whale watching is another option in March,too, I hope.

Enjoy your next holiday wherever you are going.

Kind regards

Di

lesley07
(Member)
Hi again Di

I really enjoyed my holiday in Sri Lanka. Tour I did was varied and the two days in Galle at the end of the trip were a nice way to unwind. Yala is the best place to see leopards although I did not see any.

Next trip is to Portugal in October but have not decided on 2019 trips yet!

Lesley

Dina
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Lesley,

Have a great time in Portugal.

I am keeping my options open for 2019, obviously Sri Lanka is on my short list. Trouble is I want to go everywhere, mainly longhaul whilst I can still do longhaul.

Di