katy1717
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia/Amy

I'm thinking of booking this trip.  Could you let me know the number of people already booked on the above 2 dates please.  Also M/F and age ranges.

Thanks.

Katy

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Katy,

I can tell you that 21 travelers have booked on the 9th April 2018 departure date. 7 are male and 14 are female. The ages range between early 50s - early 90s.

For the 7th May 2018 departure, 12 travelers have booked. 3 are male and 9 are female. The ages range between early 30s - late 70s.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Katy,

This is a tour I have my eye on, so if you book please do write a review on your return!

All the best,

Bob

katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Bob, yes probably going to book for May date.  Recently back from India + Amritsar (latter was the absolute highlight among many) and currently have nothing booked till November, so trying to fill in the gaps.  Never been to Portugal, so this looks a good start.  Yes, will do review - they're a great resource and always interesting to read others experiences, (afraid I'm not as conscientious as you and some of the others here about always writing them myself).

Regards

Katy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Katy, I was in Lisbon for a few days five years ago and loved it - despite my passport being stolen!  So keep an eye on your valuables....I would love to go back and see more of Portugal.  I loved the scenery, food, distinctive culture....I will be visiting Portugal in June as I'm going to the Azores...which I expect to be Portuguese but Azorean even more so!

Cheers,

Bob

Ruth5
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just returned from 9 April Picturesque Portugal. This was my first Just You holiday and my first holiday alone. It was also my first visit to Portugal. In spite of poor weather at times, it was an enjoyable holiday, in good company. 

We were a group of 21, of which about 7 people knew each other already. We all mixed well I think. 

A lot of places and visits were packed into the itinerary. There were 4 hotels, which was a bit unsettling, but necessary, as we covered many different aspects of the country in a short time. 

The coach was a bit cramped, and there was more walking than I thought (largely on uneven surfaces), but the pace was slow enough to take account of everyone. 

Breakfasts were included but most other meals were not, which added to the cost of the holiday. 

Our guide Filomena was good at giving information and organising us, and looked after us all. 

Now I am back, I realise I have learnt a lot about the country and that this holiday was a good taste of many places of interest in Portugal.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ruth,

Many thanks for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.  Was it as picturesque as you had expected?

Best wishes,

Bob

katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Ruth,

thanks for the review.  I am due to go on this trip next month.  It will also be my first visit to Portugal.  Glad it went well.  

Regards

Kaaty

Ruth5
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sylvia has also done a review of this trip under 'reviews'. The weather was disappointing, but perhaps if it had been very hot, that would have been hard going getting in and out of the coach.

When we were in Lisbon, a few of us went up the Rua Augusta Arch in our free time, which I would recommend on a clear day (which we had).

Portugal was 'picturesque', more than I thought it would be, and we were shown a variety of its different characters in our travels.

ChrisRoblesTM
(Member)
'katy1717' wrote:

Hello Ruth,

thanks for the review.  I am due to go on this trip next month.  It will also be my first visit to Portugal.  Glad it went well.  

Regards

Kaaty

Hi Katy,

I will be the TM on the May trip to Portugal, so looking forward to meet you and the rest of the group in a little over a week...let's hope rainy days are over so we can have a dry tour  🙂 ...

Cheers,

Chris

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Ruth!  It is amazing how much the weather can affect our perceptions of a place.  I was in Lisbon in June a few years ago, in beautiful sunshine and I absolutely loved it.  Jacaranda trees in full bloom, it was stunning.

All the best,

Bob

katy1717
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ruth (and Bob and Chris)

Am really looking forward to my trip next week. Will be my first time in Portugal.  Glad to hear it was *picturesque* - wanted to go to the middle of the country rather than the Algarve,  for the scenery and the history.   Hoping for better weather than you had, seems that will make a difference.  Thanks again for the review.  Chris, will be great to meet you and the rest of the group in a week's time.

Kind regards

Katy

Paul N
(Member)
'ChrisRoblesTM' wrote:

'katy1717' wrote:

Hello Ruth,

Regards

Kaaty

Hi Katy,

I will be the TM on the May trip to Portugal, so looking forward to meet you and the rest of the group in a little over a week...let's hope rainy days are over so we can have a dry tour  🙂 ...

Cheers,

Chris

Hi 

OH NO !!!! you will miss the Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon on 8th May.  Phew that was lucky

Paul N