jacq27
(Member)
Hi Daphne,

I am staying at the Premier Inn on Bath Road the night before this trip too, I think quite a few of us are!  I'm happy to meet up for a little outing at the Three Magpies for a meal, depending on the time we plan to eat perhaps others can let us know if they are interested in meeting up, either at the Premier Inn or at the Three Magpies .

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the 18th!

Jacqueline

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Monty

I am going in May and have not received any letter from Just You re the flight change. I have only upgraded to Premium Economy to and from Singapore so not sure if the flight times affect me. Could you please find out and let me know or should I call Just You?

Thanks

Jaya

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Daphne, Jacqueline

both myself and Diane ( DINA ) are travelling down together from the midlands on National Express on the 18th staying at the PI, we are due at Heathrow central bus station around half past two, I for one are happy to go with the flow, either walk to the Three Magpies or stay at the PI, perhaps we could decide on the night, I do like the odd pint or we could eat at the PI and take a walk to the Three Magpies just for a drink, I know MikeW was talking of this as he's staying at the Park which was closer for him, I think if we took the little outing around 5.30 - 6.00 we could still be back for around nine, im not always keen to stay in the hotel all evening so yes im up for it, I am sure there will be some that will go and some who won't so will prob be 50/50

The weeks are passing fast and its creeping up on us, so much looking forward to this

all the best

Dave

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave and co!

My flight from Dublin doesn't get in until around 6.30pm so I won't get to the PI until around 7.30pm - another reason for me to probably stay in the PI for dinner - I presume they have a full bar!!  So why don't you make your own plans and I'll probably see you at breakfast the next morning!

Cheers,

Bob

(Member)
Hi Jaya,

Your flight has not been affected by this change, so you will arrive in Singapore at 14:15 as originally planned. This is due to your flight upgrade securing your seat on this flight.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Monty

MrsT15
(Member)
Hi,

Having just recently moved house and becoming more settled I thought it about time I caught up with the forum. I had a few queries relating to the Borneo trip - but thanks to those who have posted on the forum - they have been answered. I did received a letter about the flight change so its cattle class for me as well.

I will be travelling down to London from Manchester on the 18th (not sure how at the moment) but did book the Premier Inn Bath Road ages ago for a nights stay (sadly not at a discount).

This will be my 3rd long haul trip with JY, I did Spirit of India and Kerala which were both very enjoyable and am sure this one will be as well.

Will look forward to meeting up with fellow travellers on the 18th May.

Cheers

Sally

AbbaDave
(Member)
That's fine Bob don't blame you I probably wouldn't venture out myself had I been arriving so late, you never know if we do venture out we may be back in time for a night cap in PI bar, if not then def at bfast in the morning have you booked bfast or will you book that on arrival

all the best

Dave

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dave,

I'll keep an eye out for you as I eat my dinner - I think Hils might be joining me!  Yes I've booked breakfast, I gather it is very good so I will be taking full advantage before our marathon journey to KK!

Cheers,

Bob

jayli
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Dave,

I'll keep an eye out for you as I eat my dinner - I think Hils might be joining me!  Yes I've booked breakfast, I gather it is very good so I will be taking full advantage before our marathon journey to KK!

Cheers,

Bob

Hi all,

Yes, it's a full English breakfast, comprehensive and very enjoyable - you won't need much for lunch!

The "meal deal" (breakfast + dinner) is also good value, and I usually choose this whenever I stay there, and probably will do so again in May.

Jim

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Monty for confirming that my flight has not changed. I have a friend (ex-colleague) in Singapore who I want to see so this is a good opportunity to see her on the day we arrive. I can then spend the rest of the days with my fellow travellers who are doing the add-on. I am so excited about this trip and I think we all are going to have a lot of fun as we have got to know each other a bit on the forum - I will be meeting Bob again.

Not long before I can enjoy some more sunny weather. It has been freezing since the return from the Mexico trip!

Jaya

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone on this May 19th trip to Borneo.

I am looking forward to this holiday and meeting everyone.

I am, as Dave says, travelling to Heathrow on the 18th on the National Express from Coventry, with him, and staying at the PI 15 Bath Rd. Am happy to walk/taxi to the Three Magpies for dinner or stay at the PI. Will go with the flow.

I booked the add-on mainly to meet up with some Singaporean friends, but now am thinking I want to do as much as possible whilst there. Singapore slings at £16 have literally doubled since having one in 2002.

Kind regards

Di