BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty,

I posted two threads on Sunday and neither of them have appeared yet! I presume you are chasing up the answers and they haven't disappeared into the ether? One of them was asking will there be any new 2016 tours in the January brochure - I'm specifically interested in new European destinations as I want to book a week somewhere new in Europe for September and I need to book it soon! I suppose I could always go ahead and make a booking for an existing tour and if there was some fantastic new tour in the Jan brochure I could always swap to that one (providing the dates suit), would that be possible?

The other thread was related to the above one - I've been thinking about the TS Romania tour which has received very good Feefo reviews so far, apart from the last one which appeared a week or so back and was very critical of the day spent at the Danube Delta and the following day's tour - could you please let me know how TS are addressing these criticisms: whether it was a problem on that particular departure, or whether that person's view differs from other the other feedback from that departure - I know customers can be hard to please, but these criticisms seemed to be on the level (if a little flippant) and have raised concerns with me over booking this holiday. I'd like my mind to be put to rest!

Hoping you can help answer these questions over the next day or so, as I will need to mark the time off in my diary for a holiday next Sept over the next week before other commitments get in the way!

Many thanks and best wishes,

Bob

(Member)
Hi Bob,

I am currently chasing them at the moment, so do not worry - I will get back to you as soon as possible.

In regards to booking a holiday and swapping - you can do this, but usually only before you pay your final balance. However, this does mean you'll have to pay a £50 admin fee and any additional costs involved.

I will speak to you very soon and I am hoping this will be by the end of the day.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Many thanks Monty, much appreciated!

Cheers,

Bob

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Bob,

I am currently chasing them at the moment, so do not worry - I will get back to you as soon as possible.

In regards to booking a holiday and swapping - you can do this, but usually only before you pay your final balance. However, this does mean you'll have to pay a £50 admin fee and any additional costs involved.

I will speak to you very soon and I am hoping this will be by the end of the day.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

Hi Monty,

To stop people worrying, maybe if it is not possible to respond to a request automatically, perhaps publish it on the forum with a disclaimer that you are seeking advice? A lot of us who are not great with computers don't know whether we've pressed the wrong button or it has disappeared into the ether.

Thanks

Mark

(Member)
Hi Mark,

I'm afraid there is not a way that we can do that yet. If we publish your posts, we cannot find them again so they get lost in the ether for us - I am sure that you would prefer us to answer your questions? We do try and reply to your posts as quickly as possible, and as you know, sometimes this may take a few days because we have to ask other people around JYHQ to get you the most accurate information.

I completely understand your frustrations. Hopefully in the near future we will find a way of doing this, but at this moment of time it is not yet possible.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

SarahS
(Member)
I posted on this tread yesterday. Guess what it hasn't appeared.
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi Mark,

I'm afraid there is not a way that we can do that yet. If we publish your posts, we cannot find them again so they get lost in the ether for us - I am sure that you would prefer us to answer your questions? We do try and reply to your posts as quickly as possible, and as you know, sometimes this may take a few days because we have to ask other people around JYHQ to get you the most accurate information.

I completely understand your frustrations. Hopefully in the near future we will find a way of doing this, but at this moment of time it is not yet possible.

Kindest Regards,

Monty

No probs Monty.

Hope you and a good weekend!

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty, I take your point but you could always keep a notebook and pen beside your computer and take note of the posts that need extra information and cross them off as they are answered. In this way they could still be posted quickly and then you wouldn't lose track of them! I know this only applies to a small number of posts as you are usually able to answer most of them without much delay. As my late father used to say, there is a simple solution to every problem!

Lengthy delays and non appearing posts are causing a lot of annoyance to Forum users (I am in contact with many JY folks off the forum so I know this is a growing bone of contention!!). If it is a matter of you having a lot of other duties apart from the Forum, may I formally request to the powers that be that you be given more time to dedicate to the online Community? Julia put so much effort into promoting the Forum and it is a shame that first her and now you seem to be limited in the time you can give to it!

Keep up the good work, I know you're doing your best!

Best wishes,

Bob

(Member)
Hi all,

Bob - As I am sure you are aware, this is Just You's busiest time of the year, so it is taking just that little bit longer to get the answers to your questions. I will take your comments on board though, and ensure that we get back to you all as quickly as possible.

SarahS - I have seen a couple of posts where members claim to have 'lost' their post. This may be something to do with your browser or your device, which is something we can't help with I'm afraid. When you have pressed 'Post Reply' does the confirmation always pop up?

I have had a word with Julia and I am going to trial the 'pen and paper method' for a week or so and see how we get on. I will try my hardest to avoid losing your posts - wish me luck!!

Kindest regards,

Monty

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Monty, thanks for your reply and I wish you all the luck in the world! As you can clearly see from the amount of posts I put up, I'm a huge fan of the Forum and a speedy response to questions really does help the flow of conversation on here, as well as putting our minds at rest!

Best wishes,

Bob

nige0556
(Member)
or using "tasks" on outlook rather than pen and paper?
SarahS
(Member)
I always check the confirmation has appeared. I haven't had any problems for a while, so hope the problem is now resolved
(Member)
Hi,

You'll all be glad to hear that I have created a nifty excel spreadsheet to keep myself organised with all of your posts. I will be amazed if I lose a post now!

Sarah - I am pleased to hear that, hopefully it will not happen again.

Kindest regards,

Monty

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Well done Monty, sounds very high tech. I'm impressed!

All the best,

Bob

Bosuncat
(Member)
Good old Excel! I never did master it fully. :thumbup: