TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I got my paperwork yesterday and Just You can arrange the visa, so I am going for the lazy option as I always worry that I will get something wrong and get to imigration and have a problem, but thanks for the link Lesley

Tim

Princi
(Member)
'TimH' wrote:

I got my paperwork yesterday and Just You can arrange the visa, so I am going for the lazy option as I always worry that I will get something wrong and get to imigration and have a problem, but thanks for the link Lesley

Tim

Oh Tim

let me know how you get on re Visa and holiday, I'm going in Feb, You cant do an E-visa until 5 weeks before you go, so like you I might go for the lazy option. :thumbup:

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Princi

I will definitely let you know how I got on with e-Visa. It is fairly straightforward process. I tried a week ago but it was too soon to apply for my November Kerala Trip. I need to get the photo sorted out before I apply. Have not had a chance to go to Luton Town to find out if anyone can help. But googled Jessops and there is one in Milton Keynes so if all else fails, I will have to go to Milton Keynes. The cost is $60 plus $2 fee I think - Just You are charging £80.

Jaya

Jaya

Princi
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Princi

I will definitely let you know how I got on with e-Visa. It is fairly straightforward process. I tried a week ago but it was too soon to apply for my November Kerala Trip. I need to get the photo sorted out before I apply. Have not had a chance to go to Luton Town to find out if anyone can help. But googled Jessops and there is one in Milton Keynes so if all else fails, I will have to go to Milton Keynes. The cost is $60 plus $2 fee I think - Just You are charging £80.

Jaya

Jaya

Jaya, I was looking into the annoying photos thing for the Evisa.

which one can only do 5 weeks in advance .

Do you have a scanner copier at work you can use. Our machine allows one to scan a photo it comes through as a PDF.

There is a lovely piece of softwear called "Snip it" this enables you to cut an item from a page and then save it as a JPEG. Whihc you could then upload to to the application.

Might be worth a try and save you a few pennies.

Alex

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alex

I have a scanner at home, but it is not very good. I used to have a lovely scanner at work which saved photos exactly as the original, but now I scan using a photocopier and it is not so great. I will go to the town to have the photo taken once I am back from my Battlefields trip next week. I still have some time so hopefully will find someone who can take the photo for the visa. Can't understand why they need the exact dimensions!

Jaya

Princi
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Alex

I have a scanner at home, but it is not very good. I used to have a lovely scanner at work which saved photos exactly as the original, but now I scan using a photocopier and it is not so great. I will go to the town to have the photo taken once I am back from my Battlefields trip next week. I still have some time so hopefully will find someone who can take the photo for the visa. Can't understand why they need the exact dimensions!

Jaya

Because it's India???

Genie-p
(Member)
Hi Jaya, it may sound strange but look out for 'passport photos here' signs. My local shoe repairers had one outside his shop. I popped in and asked about Indian visits size photos and bingo! His machine was programmed for all vista sizes - India is not the only one it seems. He is also able to move the photo so you have the face just where it is meant to be - India vista photo have to have a certain gap at the bottom and the top of the face.

I will be interested to hear if having an e-visa causes hold ups at the other end.

Have a wonderful trip.

Jean

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jean

Thanks for the tip. I will find somewhere in Luton where it says 'passport photos here'. I guess if they offer passport photos then they would be familiar with all types of odd requests form different countries. Am planning to go to the town sometime next week.

Jaya

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Jaya

I got my visa photo in my local shoe repair shop (Timpson). Not sure if you have a branch in Luton.

I am off to Kerala on Thursday. Will let you know how it goes.

Not doing the Borneo trip but may join you in South Africa next year!

Lesley

sallyc
(Member)
Jaya

A quick google search shows that the Boots store in The Mall Luton has a passport photo booth.

Good luck

Sally

Mandy23
(Member)
'Willpower' wrote:

Hi

I am considering booking the Spirit of India tour for April 2016. I am aware that there has been a recent problem regarding Indian Visas requiring Biometric data. Can you tell me what the latest information is, as you understand it.

Will Just You be helping in this respect, or is it left entirely up to the individual?

Thank you

Graham Williams

Hi

I'm going on Spirit of India tour October 2015 after filling out an application on line and booking an appointment I then went up to embassy in London to complete visa application. The visa/passport was sent to to me a few days later. I did have to wait a while at embassy it is run like a supermarket deli! Don't be put off!

Hope this is of help.

Mandy

LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member)
Hi Jaya,

When I went to India nearly 2 years ago I needed 2" x 2" photos and got them done at Snappy Snaps. They do passport/ visa photos of all sizes.

I see the Singapore add on with Borneo is fully booked, lucky we booked when we did!

Best wishes

Lynda

Hi Jean

Thanks for the tip. I will find somewhere in Luton where it says 'passport photos here'. I guess if they offer passport photos then they would be familiar with all types of odd requests form different countries. Am planning to go to the town sometime next week.

Jaya

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynda

Thanks for your tips about getting the photos. Yes, we are very lucky to book the Borneo trip when we did. It seems to be a very popular trip.

Jaya

IanWight
(Member)
As a postscript I have just had confirmation of my E Visa for India next month. I did the application yesterday & got the response within 24 hours.

I had read somewhere that they wanted you to upload a copy of your passport so had this ready in jpeg format however on the application they asked that this be uploaded as a PDF file no larger than 300KB. I was able to quickly convert the file but I suggest you have this ready at the time of completing your application - although you do seem to be able to store partially completed information and return to it later.

Willpower
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ian

Thanks for the information. I presume the required passport page is the one with all the personal details on it. This seems logical, but the web site says 1st page. What was the fee ? I have seen conflicting sums. Did they say how long it would be before the e Visa would be sent to you ?

Willpower

IanWight
(Member)
Hi Willpower,

My printer here allows me to scan documents so I just put the passport flat at the page(s) with personal details & the one with observations & scanned.

The fee was $60.00 plus a couple of dollars admin (I did not print the page so do not have the exact amount)

The site says that you should expect a response in about 72 hours but I got my confirmation (in an e mail) in less than 24 hours.

The E Visa says I will be subject to a mandatory biometric check on arrival in India. Not an issue. I live on the Isle of Wight & the E Visa is a whole lot easier than possibly having had to treck all the way to London & back to apply in person....

Expect a bit of fun & games as, for example, you will be asked to give all countries visited in the last 10 years. Your answer will then probably be rejected as the box can seemingly only take 100 characters so just knock out a few until you get below 100!

Good luck.

Ian

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
I took the easy route and got Just You to sort my visa, very straight forward although I have trouble with not enough space for all the places I have visited in the last 10 years
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have now had the photos taken though the guy in the shop was not willing to save it on the memory stick. The shop is part of Timpsons He was willing to put it on one of their CDs at a cost of £4.00. Photos were £12.99. Luckily someone at work was able to scan it as a JPG file for me from their home scanner as my scanner does not do this - only saves in PDF format. The scanners at work operate from the photocopiers and they also only save in PDF format. Hopefully I will have no problems when I submit the application online. Tried to do it today, but it says I can't apply more than 34 days before the trip!!

Sally, unfortunately I do not think you can use the photo booths for this Visa as they are very specific as to what is required, but thanks for letting me know as this information may come in handy one day in the future.

Jaya

TraceyT
(Member)
hi everyone, I am off to India on Monday, I did use a Photo Booth in Tesco there was an option to pick 2x2 photos £7. I then also took the lazy way out and JY sorted, saved me taking a day off work. Hope everyone who is going away has a fab time!!!!
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tracey

Not sure if you will read this message before you go, but just wanted to say have a lovely time in India and do write a review on your return. Thanks for informing that the Tesco photo booth has an option to pick 2x2 photos - this may come in handy in the future.

Jaya