Toni2909
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Julia

I am becoming increasingly alarmed about the situation in Greece. I feel desperately sorry for the Greek people, who will presumably need tourists to continue to travel to help their economy. However, reading more and more articles about what is happening there, and hearing that the paramedics and hospitals don't have enough funds to operate properly, I am wondering whether it is wise to consider travelling there in October. Having travel insurance won't help a great deal if there is no treatment/help available!

Does JY have a stance on this? Are you still going ahead with the new tour (I have read good things about it - it's not the tour itself that I am concerned about) or is there a discussion being had at your end about its viability under the current circumstances?

Regards

Toni

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Toni,

I think I have answered this in another post but just to confirm..

At the moment, we are continuing to operate tours to Greece (along with many other holiday operators) but should we will always continue to monitor the situation. There is a lot of scaremongering in the media. If you were to require medical assistance while away, you would still receive this. The health and safety of our customers is very important to us and we would contact travellers if we believed that we could no longer operate their holiday.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Toni2909
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks again, Julia. Sorry for the duplicate questions in my posts. As ever, it's good to know that JY are on the case and I am much more confident to go ahead and make the final payment in the knowledge that all relevant advice is being adhered to.

Here's to a brilliant holiday in October.

Do you have an update on numbers / gender mix for the 5th Oct departure? Oh, and what's the maximum number for this trip, please? I'm guessing 30?

Toni

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not a problem Toni, always best to ask twice than not at all!

As for an update... There are currently 12 travellers booked on this trip with the group currently made up of 5 men and 7 women (ages from mid-30s through to early-80s). We can take up to 35 on this date.

Kindest regards,

Julia