janib
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Julia,

Magical Moments popped through the door today and I was pleased that my picture of the Jacobite steam train was featured for the Scottish Highlands.

I looked at the Summer Getaways and finally decided to book Albi and Carcassonne for July 17th. Online went well until the end when it stopped due to availibility. Was told to ring a number- not the usual one-the lady did not have any of my details to hand and it took a lot of questions to get a straight answer ie that although there are flights, the hotel might not have any rooms :huh: There are 9 places according to the site :dodgy:

Waiting now on availibility, so annoying.

Jan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan,

I'm delighted to hear that you are pleased that your photo was used in the Magical Moments piece. I love that the piece featured so many of our regulars in it.

I'm sorry to hear that booking your next getaway has not been as easy as you would have liked. Unfortunately on some tours we have to give back unsold flight seats and hotel rooms a number of weeks before departure and then try to buy them back if a traveller books after this time. - I believe the team are working on a longer term plan to address this.

I hope you get your place.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
Hope Albi and Carcassonne work out for you Jan. It's still somewhere that I have on my list to do and you may have heard me talking to Joyce our TM on the Battlefields Tour about it. She was able to give me some valuable information about the trip and reassure me more on whether I would be able to manage the walking given my current problems with my eyes.
janib
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What a pain- no rooms as the hotel is fully booked. Was so looking forward to this as Carcassone has been on my to do list since Robin Hood Prince of Thieves :(

When I booked there was still 8 weeks to go - not happy :huh:

No I am unable to make other dates this year due to work commitments or Flavours of Tuscany in October.

Jan

janib
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Further to last week and disappointment, today even more disappointment when I received an e-mail to tell me I was going to Albi and Carcassonne after all. When I rang I was told I was one of 400 e-mails generated by mistake :(

Gutted :@

Jan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi jan,

I was so sorry to learn of your disappointment. Sadly, our system re-issued a significant number of confirmation emails to our database. The team know where this bug occurred and are putting steps in place to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Again, I am sorry that we were not able to get you on this holiday.

Kindest regards,

Julia

janib
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Julia for your comment. Did wonder where my last comment had gone to as I wrote it on June 2nd !!!

For future holidays, when is the cut off date for holidays? Most holiday companies have a late booking, one I noticed still had availability a week before their date. Even Travelsphere had bookings for June and July. For that week in July when I could have gone to Carcassonne, I have booked 3 nights in Bath 🙂 Going to do all the tourist bits ie Roman Baths, Sally Lunns Tea shop and Poulteney Bridge.

Jan

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan,

Each tour is different as it depends on the agreements in place with the airlines/rail providers and hotels used. I would always recommend booking as soon as possible as in most cases we do have to return unsold flight seats and hotel rooms - after these dates, we have to try and rebook them and there isn't always availability, or they may come with a supplement. However, the team are looking at ways to make more holidays available for longer as we know that many of our travellers are booking later and later.

I hope you have a lovely time in Bath, I found a lovely tea room the last time I was there to sit and enjoy a pot of tea and some scones.

Kindest regards,

Julia