Toni2909
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
So, I've just booked this, and I'm getting excited already. As it's a new tour I shall look forward to reviews, and I have held off from booking the optional tours until I hear a bit more about them. I hope enough people book it to make it a "goer" - I think 10 have already booked this date?

I've never flown from Heathrow Terminal 2. Is there any advice on the best hotel to use that doesn't involve too much hassle on the morning of departure? I will not book anything until final payment is due, but I just want to start my research. I will be leaving my car, too, so is there a Sleep, Park, Fly type scheme? (I have used this in the past from Gatwick's Premier Inn)

Toni

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Toni

That's great news! There are nine of you on this date but all dates are selling well so I'd be feeling quietly optimistic at this stage.

We can offer a range of little extras whether it is airport parking, meet & greet parking, airport hotel & parking etc etc. I would recommend that you have a chat with one of the advisors who will be able to talk through all the options available to you.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Toni

Can I suggest you post on the main board ..parking at LHR and hotel as Mike and others use them many times and do park and ride hotels, for not bad prices so pick Micks or is it Mikes brain!!

Have a great tour, and post a review when you get back.

Cindy

Toni2909
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Julia. All that is very helpful and encouraging.
Roamer
(Member)
Hi Julia

I am thinking of this tour too, either 5 October or 7 September.

Could you let me know return flight times ? I realise they will only be provisional but I try to avoid tours that mean I have to have 2 nights in airport hotels.

Thank you

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Roamer,

On both dates the provisional return time is 15:30hrs. As you have mentioned, these are provisional and subject to change and would be confirmed in your final documents.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Toni2909
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Toni

Can I suggest you post on the main board ..parking at LHR and hotel as Mike and others use them many times and do park and ride hotels, for not bad prices so pick Micks or is it Mikes brain!!

Have a great tour, and post a review when you get back.

Cindy

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that!

Toni

Toni2909
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there.

Could you give me an update on the numbers for this tour, Julia? Is it safe to book my overnight stay and parking yet? No worries if not, as there is a long time to go. I just like getting excited!

Toni

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Toni,

On 9 at the minute, but the numbers are looking good for this tour. No green light just yet, but I'd remain quietly optimistic about this date. Give me another nudge in a few weeks for another update.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Toni2909
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jules. Any more than 9? Any sign of a green light?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Toni,

We're actually down to 8 now, no green light but the other dates are filling in order of departure so I would imagine that this will change between now and October. Give me a nudge in a few weeks for another update.

Kindest regards,

Jules

Toni2909
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Can you remind me at which stage the final decision needs to be made, please? Is it around 3 months prior to the departure date - which would be early July in this case? I need to have something else up my sleeve in case the wheels fall off this one.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Toni,

Its about 12 weeks before departure - my 'go to' colleague who makes the decision is not in the office today but I've made a note to give her a call tomorrow to gauge her opinion.

Kindest regards,

Julia