Bridget Jane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Can you tell me who is the tour manager for this trip please? Thank you!

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bridget Jane,

The Tour Manager provisionally allocated to this trip is Julia James.

Kindest regards,

Julia

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

As you know I'm booked on this holiday in May. I know the powers that be might think this is cheeky but seeing as tour managers are only allocated a couple of months in advance, could I request if possible that we have Zoe Ireland as our tour manager for Namibia in May? We had her as our TM for South Africa/Zambia in 2011 - she was excellent and I know she has a real passion for Africa. I know Mike (The Saint) is also on this tour and, having had Zoe as well, I am sure he would agree!

No harm in asking I suppose!

Best wishes,

Bob

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
You can but ask.

I have forwarded your request on to the team that manages our Tour Managers.

Kindest regards,

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob

The cheek of the IRISH!! Good luck

Cindy

mikethesaint
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Julia,

As you know I'm booked on this holiday in May. I know the powers that be might think this is cheeky but seeing as tour managers are only allocated a couple of months in advance, could I request if possible that we have Zoe Ireland as our tour manager for Namibia in May? We had her as our TM for South Africa/Zambia in 2011 - she was excellent and I know she has a real passion for Africa. I know Mike (The Saint) is also on this tour and, having had Zoe as well, I am sure he would agree!

No harm in asking I suppose!

Best wishes,

Bob

I totally agree with Bob, it would be great if Zoe was the Tour Manager for Namibia in May. No disrespect to all the other Tour Managers who do a wonderful job but Zoe made our tour to South Africa such fun and it would be lovely to see her again. I'm really looking forward to this tour and if Zoe was the TM it would be the icing on the cake!!

Mike

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bob/Mike,

I did put in your request, however, the team had already sent out contracts and at this stage I can confirm that Yvette Barnett has provisionally been allocated as Tour Manager for this trip.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
I met Yvette last November - she was in Churchill with a different JY group and she seemed good fun. She also has great reviews on here so we should be fine.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for passing on our request. I have heard Yvette mentioned in other posts and she seems to be a superb tour manager, so I am sure we will be in safe hands!

Best wishes,

Bob

LYNDAKNOBEL
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Julia,

Many thanks for passing on our request. I have heard Yvette mentioned in other posts and she seems to be a superb tour manager, so I am sure we will be in safe hands!

Best wishes,

Bob

Hi Bob,

We had Yvette in Vietnam/Cambodia at the end of November and she's a great tour manager. Enjoy your next trip.

Best wishes

Lynda

cfreadiing
(Member)
Hi, I am on the Namibia May holiday and am so pleased Yvette Barnett is the tour manager. She was the TM on Canada and New England in the Fall holiday I went on last September.

Most definitely the best TM I have had with Just You and I've been on nine holidays.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi folks,

Great to hear the glowing reports regarding Yvette, all the pieces of the jigsaw are falling into place and it should be a fantastic holiday!

Cheers,

Bob

Avocet64
(Member)
As I have booked one of the new holidays I was hoping I might get Yvette as our TM in May if the holiday were to be cleared. As she is a keen photographer I can see why she has chosen Namibia.

Out of the 16 TMs I have already encountered Yvette remains at the top of my list. TMs go a long way to making a great holiday. Some people have all the luck, enjoy!

Avocet

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Avocet,

The 27th May date has been cleared to operate - it is fully booked with 23 travellers.

No Tour Manager has been allocated yet, but if you give me a nudge a little closer to departure, I'll take a look and see who will be leading your group.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
Sorry Julia - I thought you said in an earlier post that Yvette was allocated for the May trip. Does this mean she's doing the Feb trip instead?
Avocet64
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Avocet,

The 27th May date has been cleared to operate - it is fully booked with 23 travellers.

No Tour Manager has been allocated yet, but if you give me a nudge a little closer to departure, I'll take a look and see who will be leading your group.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Sorry Julia, I'm not quite sure if there has been a misunderstanding here. It's the May Land of the Dragon/Tibet I had hoped Yvette would lead that has not been cleared. I read your reply to Bob/Mike as meaning Yvette Barnett had been provisionally booked to lead the May holiday to Namibia. Apologies if I got it wrong.

Avocet

SarahS
(Member)
Lucky you. Evette was a brilliant tour manager on the New England in the Fall tour last September. She really sets the standard for other tour managers.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Avocet and Sally,

I appear to have gotten myself into a muddle and confusing myself and ultimately all the communtiy members (sorry)

So, Namibia February departure is currently listed as Julia James

Namibia, May Departure is provisionally allocated to Yvette Barnett

Land of the Dragon/Tibet add-on May departure has not yet been allocated.

Hopefully that clears everything up.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
Yay! Thanks Julia - that's great news!
Bridget Jane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Yvette was our tour manager on the Kenya holiday four years ago. She was lovely!, I'd love to have her as a manager again on one of my future holidays!