sallyc
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I'm trying to work out whether I can fit in an afternoon whale / dolphin watching cruise on one of the free afternoons in Iceland. Could you please tell me roughly what time we finish our city tour and also the Blue Lagoon visit.

Thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was getting all the nitty-gritty details..

So, during the winter months the only afternoon whale-watching tour available is at 13:00.

Now the city tour is about 3 hours long from 09:00-12:00 so you would be able to do the whale-watching in the afternoon.

The Blue Lagoon excursion starts at about 10:00 and you won't return to the city until about 14:00 so you'd miss out on the whale watching on this day.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for that Julia - no need to apologise for the delay - I expected it to take much longer for you to get an answer! As you say there is a trip from the harbour which leaves at 1pm so this indeed looks possible which is brilliant news.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sally,

Sounds good to me, hope we manage to do it!

Cheers,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I hope you get to see whales....I love them they made me shed a tear when I saw them in Boston!!

You two have fun!

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Cindy, we'll do our very best!

Cheers,

Bob

Lucinda
(Member)
Hi guys

When I did this trip last new year, we had th emptiness to be left in the city after the tour as it was possible to walk back. Sounds like the whale watching would be an added bonus to the trip, I don't tend to think about adding my own 'extras'! We ended up going early to the blue lagoon due to it being a busy tourist thing to do, and the bonus was seeing the sunrise whilst we were in the lagoon. Sunrise wasn't until approx 10-11. Have a fab time.

Lucinda

sallyc
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for the advice Lucinda. I looked online at theTop Ten things to do in Reykjavik and came across the whale watching. Having done this a couple of times in other places I am addicted.

Seeing the sun rise over the Blue Lagoon also sounds very special.