JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie,

Just to let you know that you won't be the only single on the Sep 4th TS trip to Peru. I booked it a couple of weeks ago and I know of at least two other singles who have booked too.

Regds

Jim

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Jim,

Nice hearing from you.

I phoned TS late on Friday and unfortunately it's not a done deal for me yet. I really got carried away and excited last night when my booking seemed to go through ok online. The problem is something to do with trying to get me a room(s). May take a few days to hear if it's a goer so my fingers and toes are crossed.

What I've therefore learned if going with T'S is that although a tour may appear to have availability, there are potential problems fitting us solos in. The lesson for me is if you hum and haw about doing something but deep down you know you want to do it, just blinkin well book it before it's too late!!

I'm sure things will work out one way or another re Peru. Seriously eyeing up Cambodia and the Me king Delta in Nov 2015 with TS. Don't worry JY, used you once, going with you in April and think I'll at some stage use you for China and Vietnam, all being well!!

Re Will's comment, if travelling alone for Peru, yes seriously consider JY. There is definitely comfort in the fact you are with a load of solos in the same boat.

I will let you all know how Peru dates work out!! Great chatting with you all 🙂

Angie

Angie S
(Member)
Me again.

At lunchtime on Saturday I got a call from a lovely young girl at TS. It's go go go! It's confirmed, I'm all booked for Peru on 4th September so looking forward to meeting you Jim! I'll be the one taking a photo every 2 seconds!

Yahoo!

Angie

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi Angie

sorry for the panic, glad you've now booked it, i see it's just with the amazon that's booked up so must be more limited on singles for that part, when i spoke on the phone she told me the sept 4th was full though website showed 2 places left which they have now removed the date, i'm envious as have to wait till the 18th, hope you have a wonderful time, Peru seems to be the place to visit in 2014

all the best

Dave

Hi Dave

Am new to this community so hope this reply lands in correct place.

I have just booked Peru with TS but not doing add on. Am booked on 18th Sept flying from Birmingham. I had booked for Feb last year with JY but had to cancel that and another holiday with JY because of family health problems. Still in the same situation now because of 93 yr old mother and 92 yr old aunt who I look after. Am being positive but although I am booked it doesn't mean to say that I will actually get to Peru. Best wishes Diane

AbbaDave
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

'AbbaDave' wrote:

Hi Angie

sorry for the panic, glad you've now booked it, i see it's just with the amazon that's booked up so must be more limited on singles for that part, when i spoke on the phone she told me the sept 4th was full though website showed 2 places left which they have now removed the date, i'm envious as have to wait till the 18th, hope you have a wonderful time, Peru seems to be the place to visit in 2014

all the best

Dave

Hi Dave

Am new to this community so hope this reply lands in correct place.

I have just booked Peru with TS but not doing add on. Am booked on 18th Sept flying from Birmingham. I had booked for Feb last year with JY but had to cancel that and another holiday with JY because of family health problems. Still in the same situation now because of 93 yr old mother and 92 yr old aunt who I look after. Am being positive but although I am booked it doesn't mean to say that I will actually get to Peru. Best wishes Diane

Hi Diane, thats good news to hear somebody else will be travelling from birmingham, shame your not doing the add on, hope you do get to Peru this year be a shame to miss out but your family's health come first regardless of ages, regards dave

JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Angie wrote:

Me again.

At lunchtime on Saturday I got a call from a lovely young girl at TS. It's go go go! It's confirmed, I'm all booked for Peru on 4th September so looking forward to meeting you Jim! I'll be the one taking a photo every 2 seconds!

Yahoo!

Angie

Hi Angie,

Glad to hear you have made the trip. I think I may be standing in front of you when it comes to taking pictures. I usually end up taking over a thousand photos and when I went to South Africa I took over 2000!

Regds

Jim

PS. I can thoroughly recommend the Cambodia & Mekong Delta trip. I went with JY last october and had a great time.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie, I'm delighted you're now officially booked! And Diane, I do hope your holiday plans work out, fingers crossed!

All the best,

Bob

Angie S
(Member)
Hi Jim,

Are you going via Schipol? I am. I'm flying from Edinburgh to Schipol. I'm not looking forward to that part and am glad I flew through Schipol with a fellow traveller last year so I kind of know what to expect.

Angie

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
This holiday looks amazing, but i doo prefer the TS holiday which is slightly longer. Seems a waste to go half way round the world for just 11 days but then again i suppose the cost would increase as well.

Mark

JimS
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Angie,

I'm flying from Heathrow via Madrid which means that I won't get there till the next day. I believe that you get to Lima the night before us London lot.

Hi Mark,

The TS Peru holiday, even with paying the single room supplement, only worked out about £100 more than the JY trip.

Regds

Jim

AbbaDave
(Member)
yes thats what i thought, TS has a much better value tour of peru than JY for not a lot more though would have preferred to go with JY for the more single company, also going from birmingham gets us there the evening before the london lot giving us the morning to browse around lima
Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Angie, I'm delighted you're now officially booked! And Diane, I do hope your holiday plans work out, fingers crossed!

All the best,

Bob

Bob and Dave

Thanks for comments. Am keeping my fingers crossed too, in the hopes my family is OK in September and I actually get to Peru this year. I normally prefer to travel with JY although I have done some TS trips as well.

best wishes Diane

Pam Horton
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Will. I do not have a Brochure, originally I was looking on the Website. I actually live in Spain, so I have never requested a Brochure. Assume you do not send them to Spain so spend time on the websites instead.

Many thanks.

Pam

'JY wrote:

Hi Pam,

I've got the Just You brochure in front of me and I can see the same notes about altitude and rough ground. Can I check where you are looking please?

Thanks

Will

Pam Horton
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hola

Wow! That certainly gave me some lovely feed back, thank you everyone. Too many to reply to separately, but most definitely food for thought.

Plus, some of the advice given as to best travel times. I did read it best to travel to Peru in May but some replies suggest September. So definitely worth looking into.

Thank you all. Speak soon.

Take care.

Pam

:)

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Pam,

I'm sure I read somewhere that Sept is the best time if you want to do the Amazon add-on as well. Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Bob

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Bob

Thanks for reassuring us that September is about the best month to visit Peru especially with the amazon exactly what i thought having done many searches i didn't want to leave it late October or into November to get to the amazon to find it almost too wet to go out which i guess is why the price drops so fingers crossed

all the best

Dave