valerie lund
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Im off to Marrakech in December and am wondering how much local currency I should take and if there is a limit on how much I can take. Appreciate some advice 😕
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

The Christmas in Marrakech holiday is on a half-board basis so all breaksfasts and dinners are included along with lunch on Christmas day so in terms of budgeting you only need to consider your lunches and souvenirs of your trip.

We recommend that travellers take sterling cash to exchange on arrival. Its worth considering that most credit cards are widely accepted for larger purchases at hotels, restaurants and stores and ATM machines are also available in the most of the main towns and cities.

Kindest regards,

Julia

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Valerie,

I was told that before I went to Marrakech that I could only exchange my money in Morocco. I exchanged with Travelex picking up my currency at Gatwick. My only problem was that the bureau de change was not open early in the morning to exchange it back. No problem as I aim to go back 😛

valerie lund
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi, thank you or your reply. Rather surprised you advise taking sterling rather than local currency, but will do as you advise. Thanks

The Christmas in Marrakech holiday is on a half-board basis so all breaksfasts and dinners are included along with lunch on Christmas day so in terms of budgeting you only need to consider your lunches and souvenirs of your trip.

We recommend that travellers take sterling cash to exchange on arrival. Its worth considering that most credit cards are widely accepted for larger purchases at hotels, restaurants and stores and ATM machines are also available in the most of the main towns and cities.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
'valerie wrote:

Im off to Marrakech in December and am wondering how much local currency I should take and if there is a limit on how much I can take. Appreciate some advice :-/

When I went to Morocco with JY we had to take sterling and change when we arrived in Casablanca airport. When we left we had to change money back to sterling at the airport. This is may still the case.