Maria_19
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I was wondering whether JY have ever featured Norway / Scandinavia in their destinations. Would Norway be somewhere you would consider in the future? Is there a specific reason why you dont offer it? I know another company offer Norway & I will most probably book with them but would prefer JY as I've travelled with you before.

Thanks

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maria,

We may have done Norway in the past, possibly before my time here though so I couldn't comment on the precise locations.

As this is a destination related question I put it to everyone's favourite holiday creator, JY Will, and he mentioned that it was an area they looking at and if it's possible, there may well be something created in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
I seem to remember that JY did Norway back in 2009 when I was first looking at trips. I met some people on my first trip that had been with JY there and they said how much they enjoyed it. I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the hotel.
RosieMo
(Member)
I went to Norway with JY in 2011. The holiday was 2 nights in Bergen followed by 5 nights in a very small village called Balestrand, in the fijord area. The hotel in Balestrand was quite luxurious and I would think rather expensive.

It was a good holiday with some lovely scenery and sightseeing, we took a high speed ferry from Bergen to Balestrand which was much nicer than the coach journey back at the end of the holiday. JY has not run this tour since 2011 - I guess it must be a cost thing as when I went there were 30 people on the tour and the Guide said it was always very popular.

RM.

Maria_19
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I agree it's probably a cost thing.
Florette
(Member)
I would love to see Scandanavian holidays in the Just You repertoire. I've been looking for them recently and feel it is a big gap in the listings. City breaks and other holidays such as the fyords would be very attractive to me.
Maria_19
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Florette' wrote:

I would love to see Scandanavian holidays in the Just You repertoire. I've been looking for them recently and feel it is a big gap in the listings. City breaks and other holidays such as the fyords would be very attractive to me.

I agree. Scandinavia is one part of Europe I've never visited and would love to go. Another singles tour operator offers Norway so I'll probably book with them even though I've done 5 trips with JY.