Avocet64
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben

I have received a copy of the January 2013 brochure and was surprised to find no mention, in mine at least, of the 'one off' holidays. I appreciate the brochures might have gone to print before the final details had been made but why no loose leaf page or letter inside the brochure promoting these holidays, there was a loose leaf page for the Discovery Weekends, could JY not have included one for the one off holidays?

There are many people who don't use the JY website and book their holidays by using the information in the brochure, so how are they going to know about these holidays? I myself much prefer to have a brochure in front of me, it's something I can just pick up and browse through at any time without having to log on, in fact the only time I have ever looked at holidays on line was to see details of the new Kerala, Costa Rica, Hawaii and Cambodia & Mekong Delta holidays and I kind of got the impression the information has been "borrowed" from somewhere else resulting in me making an enquiry re the Keralan houseboats, Jaya has said she had made the same enquiry so it's not just me, (hope you make a speedy recovery Jaya) and just yesterday you had Valerie making an enquiry about Kerala because she was having trouble trying to find it.

For a company listening to us and coming up with a new idea, the success of which could lead to a repeat in the future, I would have thought you would have taken every opportunity to reach out to all JY customers to promote the four new holidays i.e. leaflet in brochures or sent out separately as a mini brochure but I guess that would cost too much, or are the bookings so successful there is no need to promote them? I do hope so.

Anyone receiving the January 2013 brochure and wanting to book a holiday for this year and who doesn't go on line will be totally unaware that there are other new holidays available and, even if the holidays are in the next edition, it is going to be too late if people have already made their choice from the Janaury edition.

From what I have read there are a few forum users out there counting on the success of this years one offs so they will be repeated next year and I want them to be a success, as will others, so my holiday is not cancelled through lack of bookings.

Kind regards

I

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good afternoon,

Thanks very much for getting in touch. You are quite correct, the 2013 brochure had since gone to print before the 'one off tours' were even really conceived, this does mean they missed out there. However and I'm not sure why you haven't received this; there was a mini brochure produced for these tours which mailed about 4 weeks ago. If you would like me to send you a copy, please email your postal address to me:

btaylor@justyou.co.uk

The tours have sold incredibly well and I have no doubts that they will be included in the 2014 brochure, for which, planning is well under way!

I hope this helps and thanks for sharing your ideas,

kindest,

Ben

brownowl
(Member)
Hi Ben,

I havent received the mini brochure either. I will e mail my address.

Regards Sheila

Avocet64
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Ben, it is fantastic news that the holidays are proving such a success and no I haven't received a mini brochure and had absolutely no idea one had been issued, very strange, I would have thought it would have been sent at the same time as the main brochure, however I will email my postal details.

Why did I ever doubt that JY wouldn't be on the button, perhaps it got lost in the post!

Once again many thanks.

Kind regards

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ben,

I've been very interested to read the above comments. As a loyal JY customer who has booked six holidays over the last four years, I'm continually surprised that I am not on the mailing list to receive the new JY brochure. The only time I ever receive one is when I return from a tour and tick the box requesting one on the holiday questionnaire (which arrived about two months after my last holiday!). I get occasional emails from JY, but I do think communication could be improved.

Also, on a related issue are you in a position to say whether it is likely that the Costa Rica/Nicaragua tour will be offered in early 2014 (January to March) as I don't want to go in the rainy season!!!

Finally, I've noticed over the last couple of months that whenever I tick the "subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" when posting, this is not registering and I don't get the email notification which has resulted in me missing some posts that have been direct replies to queries I've posted (and so, sorry to anyone that has replied to a post of mine which I've failed to acknowledge!).

All the best,

Bob

the_baron1
(Member)
Hi Ben, was suprised to read that mini brochures were sent out about 4 weeks ago. I have not received any leaflets or such for them although I am on JY brochure list and received latest full brochure. Looks like your mailings have failed in some way reading into other comments above.

Eric.

valerie lund
(Member)
Me too I think my email for extra hols not in the brochure. You have my email details i think?
Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning to you all,

Could I please ask that you all send me your postal addresses to:

btaylor@justyou.co.uk

when convenient with you, I would like to investigate further why you aren't receiving our Just You mailings, I know you are such advocates and loyal customers of the brand, I do apologise that we haven't got this quite right, it will be remedied though 🙂

Kindest,

Ben

SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Ben

I too only receive brochures if I request them. I also never ever receive emails or post with special offers!

I think JY are lacking in communicating to their loyal and potential customers and something needs to be done about this. Other companies regularly send me updates by post, email etc.

Regards

Sylvia

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Sylvia,

Thankyou for highlighting this to me, would you please as detailed above, email me your contact address,

Kindest,

Ben

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello everyone

I received the new 2013 brochure, but after requesting it on line. I too was surprised to note that there was no mention of the one off tours, but guessed this was due to the brochures being printed before all the information was available. For selfish reasons, I sincerely hope that the Kerala trip will be on offer next year with the same itinerary and hotels etc. So disappointed that I have had to cancel, but if I feel fit enough after my treatment and a place is still available in October then I will definitely book it. Otherwise hope it is on offer next year. I had set my heart on this trip and the Nile Cruise with Sharm el Sheikh add on and again hope that this will be available next year. I think the add on after the Nile Cruise is an extra which was not on offer in previous years. Are we not all getting a bit demanding for Ben?!!....

Jaya