sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I know it is early, but I am a bit of worrier until I get my questions answered. I would like to know if the shop on board the Douro cruise in April, which I think will be the MS Infante D. Henrique, accepts credit/debit cards. This is my first sole/JY cruise, so I have no idea what to expect.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sylvia

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your apprehension but honestly, there is no need to worry, you will be well looked after and you will make some amazing friends whilst away with Just You. This community is a great place to interact with fellow travellers who do or have felt exactly the same as you, there will certainly be members who will be able to help out your mind at rest. In respect of Debit cards aboard, you will register your credit/debit card on arrival and all purchases onboard will be paid for by your card that is registered for all drinks etc...this will then be settled at the end of the cruise.

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

sjm533
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Ben' wrote:

Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your apprehension but honestly, there is no need to worry, you will be well looked after and you will make some amazing friends whilst away with Just You. This community is a great place to interact with fellow travellers who do or have felt exactly the same as you, there will certainly be members who will be able to help out your mind at rest. In respect of Debit cards aboard, you will register your credit/debit card on arrival and all purchases onboard will be paid for by your card that is registered for all drinks etc...this will then be settled at the end of the cruise.

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

Thanks so much, that's great, just the kind of information I was hoping for. The problem is deciding the ratio of cash to cards, because when I was in Vienna earlier this year I found that cards were not anywhere near as widely accepted there as they are here in the UK.

But that's my problem, your reply has certainly helped a lot.

Sylvia

the_baron1
(Member)
'sjm533' wrote:

'Ben' wrote:

Good morning,

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

Thanks so much, that's great, just the kind of information I was hoping for. The problem is deciding the ratio of cash to cards, because when I was in Vienna earlier this year I found that cards were not anywhere near as widely accepted there as they are here in the UK.

But that's my problem, your reply has certainly helped a lot.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

Have you thought about a pre-paid card.

There are numerous firms that do this type of card, including the post office. It looks like a credit card but is prepaid. They work like a credit card and are either Visa or Mastercard so can be used at millions of destinations around the world. You initially apply for one and then load it with a nominal amount of £10. On receipt of the card you activate it and a pin is given. Then you preload it with ever the amount you want to take with you.

I am doing this for my visit to Singapore, Australia and New Zealand starting on Friday.

It saves having to take large ammounts of currency with you although I will be taking some with me to get me by on arrival.

Just put in the search engine of your PC "prepaid card" and loads come up. I decided on a Caxton Visa card because of my multiple destinations and the different options it offered.

Hope this helps,

Eric