tarasmith252002
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ben

I recieved my travel documents yesterday for my trip on the 3rd sept on the americas golden west and was reading through one of the leaflets, and i noticed it said credit cards are required by the hotels when you check in? is this correct as im sure i read here somewhere on the forum that this is not required when you check in?

As i was only planning on taking dollars?

Tara

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tara, I did this holiday last year and as far as I can remember we didn't have to hand over our credit cards in any of the hotels. However, as only breakfast is included, I suggest that you do bring your credit card if you have one, as it would come in very handy in paying for meals - or else you could just go to an ATM every few days. However, if you want to do the Grand Canyon trip (which I strongly recommend!!) you will probably need your credit card to pay for the flights etc - which cost £200-350 depending on which package you go for. I did the three-in-one (helicopter, boat and bus) and you have to fly up to the canyon from Las Vegas airport in a small 20 seater plane (I think this cost around £350 altogether). Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Bob

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good afternoon Tara,

There will be no requirement for you to need a Credit card at any of the hotels as far as Just You is concerned. The documentation may have been referring to if you have any extras on room service, these will have to be settled at the end.

Kindest,

Ben