Peter Jersey
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Ben/Carol2

Carol has asked a question in the Tour Managers Section about what liquids you can carry on board the internal flights. I have looked at the Air China website and cannot find an answer. We have to take a small bag with us for the flight to Chendgde because it is only a small plane. Is there a hold on the plane where bags can go, or is all luggage carried on. How much liquids can you take on board ie Shower Gel --Shampoo--Mossie Sprays--etc if it has all to be carried on. Do you know if the Hotels provide things like Shampoos and Soap and Towels in the Bathrooms. I know we take them for granted, but it is best to know beforehand. Hope this makes sense.

Olly told me just before he left that John Drylie would be our Tour Manager, is this still the case please.

I'll try not to ask too many more questions.

Peter

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good morning Peter,

I think you may have got slightly mixed up here, there isn't a flight to Chengde you will go by train as below on the return to Beijing for the flight to Xian. You will carry your overnight bag with you on this flight, you need to be carrying only bottles of no more than 100mls and no sharp objects.

I have pasted below an excerpt from the final information you will received in the near future,

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben

---------------------------------------------

Airline Restrictions for Liquids in Hand Luggage

Restrictions on the quantities of liquids, gels or pastes are:

They must be held in individual containers not exceeding 100ml. The containers must be carried in a separate, clear-plastic, zip-top or re-sealable bag and must not exceed 20cm x 20cm (8ins x 8ins) in dimensions. The bags contents must not exceed one litre in capacity; they must fit comfortably in the bag and must be able to completely seal. The bag will be x-ray screened separately from other hand luggage at airport security points.

Before boarding, secondary searches may be performed if you are carrying liquids. Duty-free goods containing liquids may be carried, provided they are purchased after the security screening point.

Day 5

Early morning transfer to Beijing central railway station for the train to Chengde.

**You will require an overnight bag for your stay in Chengde as your suitcase will be stored in Beijing then transferred to the airport for your flight to Xian. Packed breakfast provided and refreshments are available on board. On arrival transfer to your hotel for a two night stay. After lunch there will be a guided tour of the Summer Resort of the Qing Emperors. This evening after dinner there will be an evening of singing and dance provided by the local young persons dance group.

Day 6

Today we visit the Mini Potala Temple a replica of Lhasa's Potala Palace, is the largest and the most impressive of the Chengde palaces. We also visit Chinese Paper Cutting Workshop and an Art School where you will be given a demonstration. After lunch we explore the Punning Temple where you will see one of the largest Wooden Buddha’s in China. Breakfast and Dinner also included.

Day 7

Return by coach to Beijing (approximately 4 hours). After lunch transfer to Beijing airport for the afternoon flight to Xian.

**Please note due to airport security allowances, any bottles larger than 100mls will be confiscated if carried in your hand luggage, please therefore make sure you have repacked any bottles larger than this in your main luggage before your flight to Xian on day 7.

Peter Jersey
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Ben

Sorry, I got confused. I knew the trip to Chengde was by train. I was thinking about the flight to Xian, because in one of your earlier replies you had said that we took an overnight bag becaus the plane was smaller.

Peter

Ben
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Peter,

My apologies, I think it was me that got my wires crossed, I have so many replies to make on here sometimes, one customers question blends in with others! Feel like i lose a marble or two some days! All good fun though!

You will need your overnight bag for the train journey out to Chengde, your main case will stay in Beijing, you will then be reunited with your case in time for the flight to Xian,

I hope this helps,

Kindest,

Ben