Barry1
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello

I am booked on the Canada & New England fall trip for 25/09/12 & I am really looking forward to it. Whilst I have travelled to the USA several times with JY its the first time I have done a trip that combines both Canada & USA. Does Canada accept US dollars? I have heard conflicting views on this and I have been unable to find any advice in the literature you have sent already. Can you tell me if US dollars are readily acceptable in Canada or is best to take a mixture of both US dollars and Canadian dollars. Any advice would be appreciated please. Thank you. Barry

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barry

Personally I would use Canadian dollars in Canada - you can withdraw some easily from ATMs but remember to let your bank know about your travel plans if you do.

I understand you can use $US to some extent, especially when you are close to the border - Niagara for example, as it is visited by a lot of US tourists. But you will find it harder to use them the further north you go. You will also find you are charged a variable exchange rate by the shops that do accept $US.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor