ElleT
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, Olly

I've been thinking about booking my first JY holiday to CR in May next year. Have there been (m)any bookings so far? Generally speaking, how popular a time is this to visit amongst JY travellers? I understand it's getting into the rainy season but I'm not overly concerned with that. Or should I be?!

Cheers,

Lynne

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elle

No bookings for that date yet but there is still a very long time to go - we normally end up with around 10-20 people on all of our Costa Rica holidays.

May is the start of the rainy season (which runs until October) but I would say this is the best time to go. Costa Rica is famous for its wildlife but also for its beautiful lush green forests and varied plants and flowers and these are at their best during the rainy months. Remember it won't be raining all the time and the temperature is likely to be in the early 20s, so if I were you I would invest in a good raincoat and go for it.

If the thought of lots of rain is a big problem for you, stick to December though to April.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

ElleT
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, Olly

I’ve recently booked this trip for 7th May and wondered if you could tell me how many people are booked on it and what the age ranges are? I notice the list of available departure dates is now much reduced, with all options for the first half of the year having now gone. Are all of these dates fully booked?

I still have to arrange a connecting flight from Edinburgh, the night before, and a hotel at Heathrow. Any advice on how far in advance I should do this? The brochure does mention that regional connecting flights are available but there was no option to book that online nor is there any reference to it in the information accompanying the confirmation invoice. I’m happy to arrange all of this myself, of course. Just wondered!

And in anticipation of the rain, I have an excellent rain cape!

Cheers,

Lynne

ElleT
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hi, Olly

Please ignore my earlier email - it's moot now, as I've just heard JU has cancelled all the Costa Rica holidays for the first half of 2012.

Very disappointing, however.

Best wishes

Lynne

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elle

Yes, that is correct. I agree it is a shame but I think demand was low for this holiday.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor