breadcrumb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

Im going to Cuba on 27th April,and been looking at times I should start my journey to Gatwick.I realise I have to travel around 1.30 am in the morning,so think its best I stay over at Gatwick the night before.

Any idea on how to do this,as the last time I did this Just You used to do airport hotel get togethers with dinner and the chance to meet fellow travellers before hand,Im guessing you no longer do this.So any info on what to do,or you recommend would be very helpful.

Many Thanks,

Sharon.x

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sharon

You are right that we don't offer the get-togethers any more. I would suggest that you book your Gatwick hotel then post a similar message on the 'say hello' page of the Community to let other travellers know your plans. Then anyone who sees it can book the same place and meet you the night before you travel.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

breadcrumb
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly,

Thank you on your advice.Its a shame on the get togethers as they was lovely.Well I have given it more consideration to go straight to the airport,then hopefully I might get some sleep on the plane,to make the journey go quicker.

Thanks again!

Sharon.x

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have stayed at a few hotels at LGW, I used to stay and leave my car with them, but I now drive to the airport and use a car company that takes the car from me at departures, and then brings it back to me when I land this works very well. I have posted the car company's details on another thread, but if anybody want's them I can re post, or let you know the names of hotels I have used.

Cindy