bondensbabe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly. Good, first of all to see that the Spanish Air Traffic Controllers have called off their strike action.

I see now that British Airways have voted for strike action although there seems no news yet on dates.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/mar/28/ba-cabin-crew-vote-for-strikes 

As I will be flying British Airways from Gatwick on the Cilento Coast trip on 1st May, lets hope that everyone with JY who is due to fly with them

doesn't have major problems!

I recognise that there is very little that JY can do in these circumstances but hope you will be able to alert people on the Community site with updates as you have with other issues.

Thanks

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

There's still a while to go until the strike so let's hope it is called off before then.

If our customers are affected, we will put the most up to date details on the 'Important Information' panel on our homepage. And if any changes to your holiday become necessary, we will let you know as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

bondensbabe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hello

There's still a while to go until the strike so let's hope it is called off before then.

If our customers are affected, we will put the most up to date details on the 'Important Information' panel on our homepage. And if any changes to your holiday become necessary, we will let you know as soon as possible.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Many thanks Olly. Would it be advisable to let Customer Services have my cellphone number in any case, as I shall be travelling down to Gatwick the afternoon before the flight the next day, and will have no email and telephone contact apart from that, in case there are last minute changes?

zippy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly,

Do we know if BMI will be on strike as well, if so what will happen to those that have flights booked from regional airports to London?

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Zippy

There are no plans for BMI workers to strike, as far as I know. In fact, some reports say BMI have been adding extra flights to take advantage of the extra demand.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi bondensbabe

Yes, that would be a good idea. You can call them on 0844 567 8844.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

bondensbabe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Olly' wrote:

Hi bondensbabe

Yes, that would be a good idea. You can call them on 0844 567 8844.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

I will do that Olly. Many thanks