Bridget Jane
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ollie,

I was wondering what form of currency was recomended for this trip. Are there cash machines available from which to withdraw funds using a credit/debit card or would a mix of travellers cheques and cash be more apropriate?

Also, does all our luggage come with us to the safari lodge or does some of it go straight to Mombassa. Do we need two seperate bags?

Many thanks,

Bridget

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bridget

You will need Kenyan Shillings for this trip. I would take some with you if you can or, if not, take some Sterling and change at the airport or when you arrive. I wouldn't bother with travellers' cheques as they can be tricky to change. It's also worth taking your bank card as you should be able to use ATMs out there but inform your bank before you go so that they don't block your card.

We ask that you take two bags with you - your normal suitcase plus a soft-sided holdall for the safari part of the holiday. This is because there is limited space on the jeep but also means you don't have to carry too much luggage around with you.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
defo take Kenyan Schillings as Olly says.. I did not use my car at all, but I did take it and I did inform the card company I was going. You only take the soft sided bag to the safri lodge so make sure all you need for the 1st part of the tour is in there. Take your hairdryer as there are none in the 1st hotel. I went on this tour in October 2010 I had a great time so any questions please just ask.

Cindy