Gabe
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

I'm booked on the New Zealand tour on the 24/3/11. I'm flying from Manchester to Heathrow is there anyone else flying from Manchester?

Have you any idea of the time of this internal flight because I need to be booking my taxi!

Can you also tell me how many have booked on this tour and the ratio of men to women.

Thanks a lot

Gabe:

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gabe

Your connecting flight hasn't been booked yet but if you can write again in a few weeks' time, I should be able to let you know. I won't be able to tell you how many are flying from Manchester but there may be one or two - hopefully they will see this message and get in touch.

So far, 13 people have booked this holiday - two men and 11 women.

I hope you have a great trip.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

dko
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, i'm thinking of booking this one for March 2012. It would be great if you let us know how it went.

dko x

karent
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gabe i am still coming 🙂

Olly on our return journey we have about 2 hours in HK airport and a friend of mine (who has done this journey before) has recommended making the most of this by having a shower etc as we will have been travelling for a quite while by then, and still have a long way to go. I have taken a look and the only 'lounges' i can find are called the travellers lounge east and west. are you aware of any others? or which of these is the best placed for our flight?as i will book it online before we go. I assume we have no access to the Air NZ lounge.

I know we have airport lounge included on our outbound journey at Heathrow, but can i suggest that it may be nice to include a lounge pass for HK airport for the return journey for future trips, when people will particularly benefit and appreciate it.

thank you

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Karen

Details of the two lounges you mention can be found at

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/passenger/transfer-transit/all/shower-pay-in-lounge/pay-in-lounge.html 

I can't tell you which one will be nearest to your departure gate as this probably won't be known until you get there. But I don't think it matters too much as they are both in the same terminal - it'll just be a slightly longer walk.

I would also say that two hours isn't a very long time to wait between flights so you might find you don't have that much time to enjoy the facilities. But if all you want is a shower, these will be be the places to go.

Thanks for your suggestion - I will pass this on.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor