janicek
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
What can I say folks? A trip well worth doing. I left Belfast a very nervous individual, first experience of a solo holiday. Despite my flight to Heathrow being delayed I managed to make it to terminal 4 and the flight to Calgary. Didn't really get the chance to meet the group as a whole until we reached Canada.

Banff, our first stop was wonderful. Picture postcard perfect. On to Jasper for 2 nights then 2 days aboard the Rocky Mountaineer train with one night in Kamloops. Kamloops itself is nothing special, really just a bed for the night. The train was a great experience, very well looked after by Doug and our tour guide Ronen.

Vancouver was good too but more free time, perhaps even an extra night would have been beneficial.

Lots of built in and optional trips all of which I enjoyed throughout the holiday, especially Lake Louise, Rafting, Icefields, Vancouver Island and Burchart Gardens.

It's impossible to tell all in a few words but apart from amazing scenery, the group I was with made the holiday for me. I was the baby of the bunch at 42 but age REALLY is just a number. After Vancouver, 18 of the group went home and 18 when on to Alaska. The cruise was well worth it, again I enjoyed every aspect.

Been home a week now and miss my new friends. We have stayed in touch, emails, photos etc and will hopefully meet in the near future. To any of you reading this, thank you for making my holiday the trip of a lifetime and for the laughs and companionship we all shared.

Janice

PS tried to post this in testimonials where it really should be, but menu not working.