Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Gillian

Your connecting flight times are as follows:

09/03/09 BD53 EDI-LHR 0850-1020

20/03/09 BD58 LHR-EDI 1405-1530

Your final information was posted out yesterday, so you should receive this in the post soon.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
GillianAdU
(Member)
ALZI
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi again Olly

I have yet to receive my final confirmation documents. When are these likely to be sent as I need to fill in the visa applicaton etc

Many thanks

Aled

helb167
(Member)
hey olly

when do we get our tickets/details etc for this holiday.

i cant wait to go, 2weeks on monday!!

also, what are the average temperatures when we are in each place? im not sure what to pack!!!

helen.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Aled

We normally send out final details about 14 days before departure, so you should receive everything you need in the next few days.

If you haven't received anything by the end of the week, I'd suggest you give us a ring on 01858 581980.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen

You should receive your final confirmation details in the next few days, as we normally send them out 14 days before departure.

Temperatures are likely to be from 6-20 degrees celsius in Las Vegas, 11-21 in LA and 9-17 in San Francisco. It's quite a difficult holiday to pack for, but I'd take a range of clothes for the fairly wide temperature range, including shorts for the hot weather and a raincoat in case of any spring showers.

Have a great trip!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

helb167
(Member)
thanks olly.

i received my final documents this morning in the post today.

im flying from manchester, can we use the executive lounge there? if we can there is no voucher in the documents.

helen

ALZI
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Olly

I have received my final confirmation pack today however there is no mention of access to an executive lounge at Manchester Airport. Do I need a pass or anything?

Thanks

Alzi

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Alzi & Helen

It looks to me like you should both have been sent executive lounge passes with your final documentation.

I'd suggest you call our customer advisors on 01858 581980 with your booking details to hand. If there has been an oversight, they will be able to correct it.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

helb167
(Member)
hiya olly

thanks for the reply about the executive lounge passes. i have phoned them up and they are going to send one out to me today.

its good to meet people in the lounge before hand. i found this a great experience when i went on the china holiday last november with just you.

thanks again

helen.

helb167
(Member)
hi olly

i have just had a phone call from just you saying that as im flying from manchester i cannot use the executive lounge in the airport.

this is disapointing as im now not sure how all the people flying from manchester will get to meet each other.

helen

ALZI
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly

I have spoken to a customer advisor and they inform me there is no availability in the Manchester Executive Lounge which seems a bit strange. I checked holiday extras and they have availabilty....

However they did say they will send me a cheque as compensation which seems very generous.

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alzi

I'm glad to hear you are being compensated for the inconvenience. You could use the money to book the executive lounge independently, perhaps. Alternatively, you can never have too much spending money in America!

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Helen

I'm sorry you feel disappointed, but do have a look at Alzi's message (below). It sounds like you may also be entitled to some compensation, which you could use to book the lounge independently.

Another option for meeting up with the other Manchester travellers is to try contacting them through this website and arranging a rendezvous time and location. Failing that, you may be able to spot each other's Just You luggage tags at the airport.

I understand your dilemma about which clothes to pack. I think a few jumpers and a warm jacket would definitely be an asset in the cooler evenings.

Have a great trip!

Olly your editor

helb167
(Member)
hiya olly

thanks for the reply. i received a phone call from just you last night saying that i will be ge tting a refund paid onto my card shortly, this is cos i originally was going to go in september and march is cheaper and also included in it is compensation for the executive lounge in manchester airport.

thanks again.

helen

alipali81
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Olly

If we were to book Alcatraz independently as outlined in the itinerary pack, do you know what sort of time we should book it for or which day? Only it says to book in advance from home and I don't want to book anything only to be told that's the time we're doing another excursion....

Many thanks

Alex

ALZI
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi everyone flying from Manchester

As the executive lounge is "not available" according to Just you but is according to Holiday Extras how about meeting up?

Alzi

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alex

The city tour of San Francisco ends at about 11.30am, followed by an optional bay cruise that starts at about noon and lasts for 1 hour. So you can book an Alcatraz tour anytime after 11.30am, or slightly later if you want to do the bay cruise too.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

helb167
(Member)
hi alzi

i think meeting up is a very good idea. its a shame about the executive lounge though. where do u think would be a good place? i dont know terminal 2, i usually fly out of terminal 3!

if you like you could email me at ***********

helen.x

Editor's note: Helen, I'm not allowed to publish any personal details on the website, but if Alzi contacts me I will pass your email address on to her.