Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly, its Steve. Could you please forward my email address to username Ozzy who is also booked on the October trip so that we can communicate with each other before the holiday. Thanks Steve
Ozzy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly ... i have emailed you with 2 email addies to use/pass on ... both are working ok here
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Ozzy.Jan, I have now forwarded your email address to Ozzy.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

I've done that for you.

Kind regards

Olly, your editor

Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly,

I have been told that a total of 14 people are booked for this trip could you tell me what the breakdown is between men and women? Also are the prices for the opitonal trips the same price?

Thanks,

Steve

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

There will be three men and 11 women on this trip.

Four game drives and a farewell dinner on the Tamarind Dhow are included in the price of your holiday, and the optional excursions are priced as follows:

- Half-day city tour of Mombasa (£16): Experience the city of Mombasa.

- Full Day to Tamarind & Ngomongo or Haller Park (£42)

- Dolphin Dhow (£62): Search for dolphins with the experts.

- Tamarind Dhow (£45): cruise around Tudor Creek with fine views of Mombasa’s Old Town and Fort Jesus.

Prices are approximate and excursions may depend on minimum numbers.

Have a great holiday.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Jan54
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly - Janet here,

I wondered if you could pass on my email address to Sandra (Francey) who has just come back from the June trip to Kenya. I know you cannot give me her email address hence the above request. She has given us some good advice and tips. Regards Janet

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Janet,

I have forwarded your email address to Sandra (Francey)

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly

Jan and myself and maybe some of the others may want to a ballon trip. Can this be arranged at the game lodge?

Thanks,

Steve

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve,

I'm afraid we do not arrange a balloon trip on this particular tour. However if the itinerary allows, you are more than welcome to look into this yourselves when you arrive.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly,

Do you know yet who will be our Tour Manager yet?

Steve

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

Your tour manager for this trip will be Barbara Jane Eastlake.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Jan54
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly,

Just a couple of things please. Is there any time limit on entry to the Executive Lounge. Steve and I and possibly anyone else are travelling from Manchester to Heathrow and will arrive just after lunch. I gather from the information that our flight to Kenya, at the moment, doesn't leave until the evening so would be be able to go into the Executive Lounge when we get to Heathrow (after doing the duty free bit of course lol!). Also do you know what the baggage allowance for cabin and hold luggage is on our flight to Kenya? So looking forward to it. Thanks very much, regards Jan

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jan,

I can confirm that on the day you fly, all Just You travellers will have full access to one of the executive lounges at London Heathrow, where you are free to come and go as you please.

With regards to your baggage allowance, if you are departing directly from London Heathrow airport, Kenya Airways allow 2 pieces of luggage for each traveller, and each piece should not weigh more than 23kgs. However, due to the baggage allowance on UK domestic flights, any traveller going from any regional UK airport via London Heathrow will only be allowed 1 piece of luggage weighing no more than 20kgs.

Kind regards,

Andy, your editor

Ozzy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi .. What is the earliest you can check in your luggage at heathrow prior to the 20:00 hrs flight
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ozzy

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The airline's website states that international travellers should check in at least two and a half hours before travel.

In my experience you probably won't find anyone on a check-in desk much earlier than three hours before departure, so if I were you I'd aim to get there for about 17.00.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly,

Reading the last post from Ozzy is there anywhere we can store our luggage or do we need to keep the luggage with us till thecheck in opens?

Jan and myself will be arriving about midday due to the time change on our flight from Manchester.

Thanks,

Steve

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

There is a left luggage office at Heathrow Terminal 4, where you will be flying from. According to the BAA website, it's "at the west end of the arrivals hall and is open 05:30 - 23:00. Charges are £8 per item per 24 hours (or part thereof). The service is operated by the Excess Baggage Company. Telephone 020 8759 3344 or email heathrow@excess-baggage.com."

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

Sfuels
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Olly,

Just a quick question, when can we expect to receive out travel tickets etc?

Steve

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

You should get your final documents about two to three weeks before departure, so anytime now really.

If you haven't received them by the end of the week, give us a ring on 0800 567 7393.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor