Dawnne
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone, a first time solo traveller here, i have wanted to go to Pompeii since i cant remember so i am very excited.  I was wondering if anyone is going on the same holiday as myself this year (8 June flying from Manchester) or if anyone has done this holiday and has any tips and tricks for a first timer. Many thanks
andydurrant
(Member)
I did this in February 2020, about a month before the first lockdown and was the last time I was abroad, or even flew! Really enjoyed it, you've picked a good trip!
Amanda Coates
(Member)
'Dawnne' wrote:

Hi everyone, a first time solo traveller here, i have wanted to go to Pompeii since i cant remember so i am very excited.  I was wondering if anyone is going on the same holiday as myself this year (8 June flying from Manchester) or if anyone has done this holiday and has any tips and tricks for a first timer. Many thanks

Hi Dawn I'm going in April from Heathrow first time travelling too

Ann.
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Dawnne' wrote:

Hi Dawnne, I'm a first time solo traveller too. Going on the same holiday from Manchester  on the 8th June am very excited too. Just recently booked it.

Dawnne
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Ann, glad to hear someone else is going from Manchester, hopefully we can find each other so we can traumatise together lol 

'Dawnne' wrote:

Hi Dawnne, I'm a first time solo traveller too. Going on the same holiday from Manchester  on the 8th June am very excited too. Just recently booked it.

Dawnne
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Rose1999' wrote:

Hi Dawne, well done on taking that first step, that's the hardest bit, you'll not regret it.

One thing I would advise is to place your JY luggage label on your hand luggage so that other JY travellers will spot it and hopefully say hello. Don't be afraid to say hello to anyone else displaying a JY label. Remember everyone is in the same boat and everyone was new to solo travelling once, it's surprising how quickly you get into it. .

Enjoy your trip!

Rose

thanks Rose and great tip.

Dawnne
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'andydurrant' wrote:

I did this in February 2020, about a month before the first lockdown and was the last time I was abroad, or even flew! Really enjoyed it, you've picked a good trip!

thanks Andy

Ann.
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Dawn it's getting closer now and I'm super nervous about my first solo holiday?. I'll definitely be looking out for you at Manchester Airport ✈️
JoannaToogood
(Member)
'Dawnne' wrote:

I've just returned from Pompeii and had a wonderful time.  Be prepared for extreme heat but no tricks or tips.  Just enjoy the experience.  If you can, book the trip to Herculaneum.