Karen66
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi there all. I am going on my 1st solo trip at the end of March, to New York. I just wondered if anyone else has been on this trip or is going  (from Manchester?)
turnke
(Member)
'Karen66' wrote:

Hi there all. I am going on my 1st solo trip at the end of March, to New York. I just wondered if anyone else has been on this trip or is going  (from Manchester?)

It’s a great place,I went regularly between 1980 and 2011,when I traveled to other parts of the USA with JustYou. The last time I was there was 2016, when I went back to The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The Circle Line boat is a good alternative if you don’t want to go to the Statue,or the Staten Island ferry.

If you want to go to a Broadway show, try Tkts in Times Square, or, try Playbill.com.

During the day, Central Park is a good place to walk, and the Rockerfeller Center is an interesting tour.

Keith

Donna1
(Member)
Hi I did this as my first just you trip in September 2016. You'll love it I had a great time and made a new close friend who I'm still in touch with and went back to NYC with in 2018.

I think there's some small changes to the trip now but I booked on all optional excursions available. 

I've since been on 3 more tours the last of which was the western highlights tour last September. 

I've made many friends from my holidays so I say just go and enjoy yourself I'm jealous I'm not going again. 

Donna

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have been to NY 3 times with JY on various tours, and I have also done NY twice independently, I have done many of the tourist things, helicopter over NY, blue circle Boat trip,. Empire State, (Broadway show beauty and the beast starring Donny Osmond), 911 museum, Buggy ride around Central Park, Ellis Island & Statue of Liberty, Woodbury Common outlets shopping, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, seen the Yankees play baseball, and so many other things. You will have a fab time I am sure

Cindy

Julie L
(Member)
'Karen66' wrote:

Hi Karen66.

You’ll love New York, I have only been once, it was at the end of a wonderful touring holiday taking in, Niagara Falls, Empire State Building, millennium towers and fountain, c.n tower, but the most remarkable trip for me, was to see The Lion King on broadway. It was expensive £150 in English pounds, but worth every penny. So if you get the chance go to the theatre, and have some New York cheesecake whilst your there. Let me know how you get on. I’m Julie L. From Derbyshire age 65.