Lespud
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thinking of going on the invitation to India trip,can anyone tell me if they felt safe as a woman travelling in India,thanks
Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

I have been to India 5 times - twice with JY and twice with another company. You are not on your own on a group tour, especially with JY! Obviously you have to be sensible and not go down any dark alleys at night on your own!

I love India.

Cheers,

Hils

sandybill1946
(Member)
I did this trip a few years ago and can say it is the best holiday I have had. You will be well looked after and always travel as a group. I felt very safe. 

Sandra.

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

I have also been to India a few times, three times with JY and Travelsphere and have felt safe enough, as Hils says you won't be alone as it is group travel. 

I am going to India again on 2nd October on the combined "Darjeeling and the Taj Mahal" tour. This comprises the "Delhi to Darjeeling" tour departing on  2nd October and then I will join the "Invitation to India" tour which departs on 10th October. Really looking forward to it but I will be opting out of a couple of the group excursions because I have been to Delhi and Jaipur a few times and now want to do somethings which aren't included.

I have also booked the combined "India's wildlife and backwaters tour" departing in February.

So should you be thinking about doing the "Invitation to India" in October, I would be happy to say "hello" and be a contact for you initially. If you haven't done a JY tour before once you meet your fellow travellers and Tour Manager you will be excited about the holiday!

Kind Regards

Di

Yaitch
(Member)
I’ve just joined the forum and haven’t been on any trips yet. I retired last summer and India is high on my bucket list but unfortunately I can’t persuade my husband to come. This would be my first solo trip and I’m looking at the Spirit of India trip for October or November 2019. Feeling very nervous but trying to convince myself to ......”feel the fear and do it anyway”! ? Is anyone else booked on these trips?
Yaitch
(Member)
I’ve just booked the spirit of India for October 14th. Would love to hear from anyone else booked on this trip. It’s my first day holiday! ?
Anthony71
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello

I have also been to India a few times, three times with JY and Travelsphere and have felt safe enough, as Hils says you won't be alone as it is group travel. 

I am going to India again on 2nd October on the combined "Darjeeling and the Taj Mahal" tour. This comprises the "Delhi to Darjeeling" tour departing on  2nd October and then I will join the "Invitation to India" tour which departs on 10th October. Really looking forward to it but I will be opting out of a couple of the group excursions because I have been to Delhi and Jaipur a few times and now want to do somethings which aren't included.

I have also booked the combined "India's wildlife and backwaters tour" departing in February.

So should you be thinking about doing the "Invitation to India" in October, I would be happy to say "hello" and be a contact for you initially. If you haven't done a JY tour before once you meet your fellow travellers and Tour Manager you will be excited about the holiday!

Kind Regards

Di

Hi DI ,

will you be on th Invitation to India on 10th October ?

My 3rd trip with the company

Anthony71
(Member)
Hi Anybody on here going on the 10th October 2019  Invitation to India ?
Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anthony

Sorry for late reply to your post, haven't been able to get on to the Forum most of this week and it will be the same next week.

Yes, I am on the Invitation to India tour departing on 10th Oct. As I am doing this tour combined with the Delhi to Darjeeling tour I will already be in India so I will meet you and everyone else at Delhi.

I am really looking forward to this trip.  if you want any tips about India, please do ask. At this stage I will just mention Immodium and handgel. These are a must take for any Indian tour!

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else on the tour

Kind regards

Di

wildflower01
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello

Kind Regards

Di

wildflower01
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello

Kind Regards

Di

wildflower01
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello

Kind Regards

Di

wildflower01
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello

Kind Regards

Di

Anthony71
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hello

Kind Regards

Di

Hi Di ,

This will be my 3rd trip with JY really looking forward to it , see you next month !

Tony

Anthony71
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Anthony

Sorry for late reply to your post, haven't been able to get on to the Forum most of this week and it will be the same next week.

Yes, I am on the Invitation to India tour departing on 10th Oct. As I am doing this tour combined with the Delhi to Darjeeling tour I will already be in India so I will meet you and everyone else at Delhi.

I am really looking forward to this trip.  if you want any tips about India, please do ask. At this stage I will just mention Immodium and handgel. These are a must take for any Indian tour!

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else on the tour

Kind regards

Di

H Di ,

just seen your reply ,

I have already got the medication , handgel and wipes ,

As you have been before , can we get away with wearing shorts just above the knee ?

Tony

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Tony

I think that you could wear shorts that just come above the knees. I have just looked at some of my old photos to refresh my memory. There were certainly gents on the previous tours wearing shorts, in fact I have a couple of photos of Chris Pinch our TM in 2012 wearing knee length shorts. It would be worth taking a pair of long trousers as well though.

When we go into temples or mosques we will have to take our shoes off.

Just over 3 weeks to go for me as I will be travelling to India on 2nd Oct.

Look forward to meeting you, Wildflower and everyone else on the tour.

Kind Regards

Di

Anthony71
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Tony

I think that you could wear shorts that just come above the knees. I have just looked at some of my old photos to refresh my memory. There were certainly gents on the previous tours wearing shorts, in fact I have a couple of photos of Chris Pinch our TM in 2012 wearing knee length shorts. It would be worth taking a pair of long trousers as well though.

When we go into temples or mosques we will have to take our shoes off.

Just over 3 weeks to go for me as I will be travelling to India on 2nd Oct.

Look forward to meeting you, Wildflower and everyone else on the tour.

Kind Regards

Di

HI Di,

Thanks for the advice , see you in a few weeks