Barb W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I am booked on this tour & would like to say hello to anyone on the forum who is also travelling to China on this date. Also have any previous travellers got any tips to share?

Regards

Barb

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Barb

I did this tour in 2014. If you put 'China' into the search function at the top right of the page, you'll find a number of reviews, including one from Bob Gray. It's a super, full on tour with lots to see and photograph.

My tips would be to take plenty of wet wipes and tissues plus throat sweets and cold/flu tablets as the pollution gets in the back of your throat (most of my group went down with a cough or sore throat by the end of the trip).

The only downside for you is that I believe that they no longer offer the 'Panda Keeper Experience' (i.e. Panda hugging) at the Chengdu Panda Research Centre. I got the chance to do it and it was truly life affirming - something that I will remember for ever. But don't worry, you will still get to see dozens of these amazing creatures (and their weird cousins, the red pandas!)

Have an amazing time - happy to help if you have any other questions once you've read the reviews.

All the best

Mandy

Barb W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mandy

Thank you for the information, I will certainly read the reviews & take your advice on what to take with me. I did read about the panda's but I'm just happy to see & photograph them.

I have recently been to Liverpool & visited the Terracotta Warriors Exhibition, it was amazing, & now I can't wait to visit Xian to see more!

Kind Regards

Barb