Marcus Philpott
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello my name is Marcus Philpott I will be the tour manager for Amazing Australia departing 8th November there will be 24 guests on this one. Some of the group are booked from Manchester & Glasgow & some London passengers are in Business but are also welcome to come to the meeting point at Heathrow Servisair Lounge T3. (If you are travelling in Business & I don't see you in London please meet me when we get to Perth Airport at the luggage carousel.) The Servisair lounge is not that easy to find as it is listed on the airport info boards as Swissport. It is upstairs if you get stuck here are detailed instructions … After security follow signs to Gate 1-42 for All Airline Lounges, Bear left and continue to follow signs for All Airline Lounges, Turn left and follow signs to Gates 1-22 and lounges B-J, Turn right towards Gates 12-42 Airline Lounges F-1, Immediately on left sign for Lounge F, Follow corridor, turn right and take either the lift or steps up one floor, Follow corridor on right to the Swissport lounge.

Our flight is due to depart at 20.45 I will get to the Lounge around 19.15. If I do not see you at Heathrow follow instructions at Dubai for our connecting flight (there are several exits from the plane I can’t be at all of them) & meet me in Perth airport as you exit security we will be met there by Adams coaches at 00.30 very few people around at that time of night so I should be easy to spot.

If anybody is traveling independently to the hotel we will be having a WELCOME MEETING AT 11.00am Fri 10th PLEASE ATTEND THIS.

What to bring; You are advised up to 30kg is allowed but PLEASE do not bring that much it does not allow any extra space for souvenirs / art / gifts that you might like to pick up on the way round. I suggest not packing more that 23kg max. ONE CASE ONLY per passenger will be transported from hotel rooms onto coaches any other baggage will be your responsibility to look after it is important hand luggage does not get mixed up with hold luggage that I am responsible for.

Credit Cards; Credit & Debit cards are widely accepted & there are lots of ATM’s some of which make a charge for dispensing cash & that can also depend on the arrangements you have made with your bank. 

Money; Bring some $ Aus. cash to start you off especially if you will be paying for optional excursions I am not able to accept credit cards. I take only $ Aus. cash payment for the optional excursions running in each of the centre’s we visit upon arrival at each one. It is also a good idea to have plenty of small notes $5’s $10’s & $20’s & get some ‘Gold Coins’ $2 (confusingly they are smaller) & $1 (they are larger) as soon as you get there. I advise keeping at least $15 worth of coins in your purse or wallet. If you are eating out with a group very few restaurants are prepared to split bills individually each time so again it is useful to have small amounts of cash. 

Clothes Suggestion; Summer rig that will be comfortable for days when we are touring & a couple of smart / casual outfits as we have a few evenings out where it is nice to dress up. A fleece or light jacket might be needed for evenings or on air conditioned coaches. Take enough clothes for not more than 6 - 8 days all hotels have coin operated laundries & drying machines you can get powder there I take those travel wash sheets. All hotels have irons & ironing boards no need to take an iron. Light jacket, for evenings & most important, a sun hat (you must bring a hat even if you don’t like wearing them!) sunscreen, sunglasses, a water flask & wet weather gear for Cairns. Don’t forget swim kit several hotels have pools. 

Plugs; I suggest not carting around those huge multi adaptors get specific Australia – UK ones, a pack of 3 on the electronics website we all know & love cost £3.40. If you have a laptop the planes still use UK 13amp. But USB sockets also are provided for ipads etc.

Kettles; No need to bring all hotels have them. Don’t bring powdered milk get it there. I buy small sachets of brown sugar there as it is always white that is provided in hotel rooms. 

Sunscreen & mossie repellent necessary you can buy it there.

If you will be using a phone speak to your UK provider before you leave to buy an overseas package. Hotels have wi-fi but its not always free & some have limits on the amount of data you can use. Apps like Facebook tend to burn through data quite quickly.

I am looking forward to meeting you we are going to have a great tour ..