suer
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, was wondering if there was anyone who has stayed at a hotel nr City Airport and can recommend it. I'm looking for a hotel that is very near and not too expensive, thanks
daveJB
(Member)
I can recommend the Premier inn at Statford Olympic park, approx 15 mins on the DLR line with a

stop at London City Airport.

Dave.

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Do they have a shuttle bus to take you to airport at regular early intervals?
AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

I'm not sure about a shuttle bus but the DLR stop at the City airport is attached to the terminal building so it's really easy to find your way - just straight down the escalator from the platform, passed the Costa and turn left.

I can also recommend the Holiday Inn Express at North Greenwich (I've stayed there for gigs at the O2 and the staff are really friendly and helpful.) The only drawback is that it's a bit of a hike from the hotel to North Greenwich tube station (jubilee line one stop to Canning town then up one escalator on to the DLR- Woolwich Arsenel line- for the City Airport) . It's just one street but a good ten minutes on foot.

All the best

Mandy

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Sue

I'm not sure about a shuttle bus but the DLR stop at the City airport is attached to the terminal building so it's really easy to find your way - just straight down the escalator from the platform, passed the Costa and turn left.

I can also recommend the Holiday Inn Express at North Greenwich (I've stayed there for gigs at the O2 and the staff are really friendly and helpful.) The only drawback is that it's a bit of a hike from the hotel to North Greenwich tube station (jubilee line one stop to Canning town then up one escalator on to the DLR- Woolwich Arsenel line- for the City Airport) . It's just one street but a good ten minutes on foot.

All the best

Mandy

Mandy thanks for info but I do not want to use tube to gey to airport, rather take a taxi or shuttle bus