DeborahC
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you ever so much for your comprehensive information Bosuncat - that was really helpful. I had a feeling that we wouldn't be doing Florence in depth - like you say, you could probably spend a month there and still not get to see all the wonderful city has to offer. I think I'll give up on the Uffizi idea, maybe I'll consider a city break too one day.

I don't mind ordering dinner at breakfast time, that doesn't bother me but why would you have to sit at the same table for dinner? I'm wondering how that will work? Presumably not everyone eats breakfast at the same time, what about if two people sit in the same seat at different time? It'll be interesting to see how that pans out lol :)

Do you know what type of electric sockets they have in the hotel. I've just bought a type F adapter and I'm a bit worried it'll be the wrong one. Can anyone advise which type is correct from this list please?

http://www.iec.ch/worldplugs/map.htm 

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Deborah,

The F looks correct, a 2 pin (round). I bought a 2 plug adaptor I think from Boots as I found that I only had one plug in the whole room except the one for the TV which I could not access.

There were approx 30 people on the Flavours of Tuscany and 3 large tables. They told us to move around for breakfast in the morning, order our dinner then sit in the same seat/table for the evening meal. Depending on when you went for breakfast, depended where you sat. Some were early risers and then if your tour that day was a long way away, there was a run on the buffet.

As Bosuncat said, if your room is at the front, it can be quite noisy. I was above the door in the foyer. People were outside smoking and drinking till late, you could not leave the window open. My sister was in the next room with a noise in the early hours which drove her nuts. Turned out to be the coffee machine hissing when they made drinks. My shower was tiny, very compact and bijou, did slip one day which scared me. Was always careful after that.

Jan

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I also had a room looking out the front, it was noisy, and very small, others had larger rooms I figured it was clean I could just about squeeze into the bathroom ? And I wasn't in it that long. Perhaps pack ear plugs just in case.

Cindy

DeborahC
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks again Ladies, I've already requested a quiet room as I'm a very light sleeper and I find it hard to sleep in strange beds (without additional noise adding to the problem). I will take some ear plugs just in case. The reviews on the hotel have certainly been mixed, particularly on Trip Advisor, but I've read that the staff are lovely and welcoming. The only really bad (concerning) thing I've read about the hotel was over the food being left out without refrigeration and nothing to keep flies and such off - thank goodness we're going in May and not in the hotter months.
DeborahC
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'debsydoodah' wrote:

'DeborahC' wrote:

'debsydoodah' wrote:

'DeborahC' wrote:

'debsydoodah' wrote:

Hi Deborah

I have just confirmed my booking this afternoon for this holiday; flying from Gatwick.  Where are you flying from?  I'm really looking forward to it; should be busy but grand fun.

Hi Deb,  Hey that's great I'm flying from Gatwick too :)

Did you receive any email acknowledgement of your booking/deposit?  I haven't received anything and I've chased them for a receipt, but nothing so far.  I'm really looking forward to it as well.  Are you doing the optional days out to Isle of Elba and Lucca?  I look forward to meeting you.

Hi again Deborah

Sorry, I'm still finding my way around this forum hence two messages this morning!  I opted to have all my documentation sent by post as I finish work at the beginning of March and don't have a printer at home so thought that would be the best option.  I have received paperwork the last couple of days and have to pay the balance by 9th February; is that the same for you?  Really looking forward to meeting new people as well as seeing Tuscany of course.  Like you I like a cuppa first thing in the morning, herbal tea though, so will miss that if there's no kettle in the rooms.  Never mind I'm sure everything else will make up for it.  I am doing Elba and Lucca as well, are you?

Hi there Deb, (my friend's know me as a 'Dee' by the way so that'll make it easier for us both).  Yes, I have to pay my balance by 9th Feb too. Just You had my email address wrong which was why I hadn't received anything, but that's all sorted now. Sounds nice, finishing work in March 🙂 Yes, I think I will book the trips when i pay my balance. I've just ordered a travel kettle ;)

Good idea with the travel kettle Dee; think I'll look into that as well.  I bought myself a travel hairdryer last year so slowly building up my set of travelling companions  🙂  I tried to pay my balance yesterday online but they weren't able to accept online payments.  I'll have another go today but if not will have to call them; just want to get it all sorted now.  Well, time to get ready for work ~ only another 14 working days in this job and then three or four months off to enjoy myself before I start something else.  I'm currently a Medical Secretary working in a Forensic team; what do you do?

Hi Deb, I had to phone my payment through too. Apparently the reason we can't pay online is because they're in the process of transferring ownership to GA. 

I hope your final 2 weeks at work are enjoyable, will you be having a leaving 'do'? Forensics sounds very interesting, do you work with the coroner? What will you be doing when you return to work later? 

I'm a Programme Administrator at the local university. I look after the Dietetics and a Optometry programmes in the Faculty of Health and Human Sciences. It's enjoyable but sometimes very stressful. I'm so in need of this holiday  :shy:

Susan Weedon
(Member)
You'll love it.  Went a couple of years ago.  A wonderful welcoming hotel.  Enjoy.
DeborahC
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Susan Weedon' wrote:

You'll love it.  Went a couple of years ago.  A wonderful welcoming hotel.  Enjoy.

Thanks Susan, not long to go now 🙂