suer
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone else thinking of going on this holiday at new hotel?   Anyone been to this new hotel before.
Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'suer' wrote:

Anyone else thinking of going on this holiday at new hotel?   nyone been to this new hotel before.

Hi, I did this holiday last year and the hotel was wonderful, couldn't praise it highly enough. However there is not a lot to do in Cala Mayor, virtually no shops, bars, restaurants etc. It depends what you like. Others in my group loved it but it was much too quiet for me.

Barbara j
(Member)
Hi Suer, I did this holiday last year.  We all had a lovely time there.  The hotel was really nice.  All the staff were lovely.  There are three hotels in that cove and you could go into any of the hotels for drinks entertainmenent etc and walking between them was ok because it is mainly traffic free.  We found it to be a safe environment .  It is ten mins on the bus or taxi to Palma. Great shops there and resteraunts.  The good thing was we could go in at night. Palma is great at night.  There was a classical concert, free to all on the street.  

There are tours to other part of the island so you are not stuck in one resort, and nice to get back to the hotel at the end of the day.  Our tour manager George Wales was fantastic too.  Do go , you'll enjoy it.

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Eljay' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

Anyone else thinking of going on this holiday at new hotel?   nyone been to this new hotel before.

Hi, I did this holiday last year and the hotel was wonderful, couldn't praise it highly enough. However there is not a lot to do in Cala Mayor, virtually no shops, bars, restaurants etc. It depends what you like. Others in my group loved it but it was much too quiet for me.

Eljay thanks for your comments. I must admit I like to go out of an evening and have a drink whilst people watching, so if there is nowhere to go it might be a bit quiet for me. Is there a bar and entertainment at hotel?

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Barbara j' wrote:

Hi Suer, I did this holiday last year.  We all had a lovely time there.  The hotel was really nice.  All the staff were lovely.  There are three hotels in that cove and you could go into any of the hotels for drinks entertainmenent etc and walking between them was ok because it is mainly traffic free.  We found it to be a safe environment .  It is ten mins on the bus or taxi to Palma. Great shops there and resteraunts.  The good thing was we could go in at night. Palma is great at night.  There was a classical concert, free to all on the street.  

There are tours to other part of the island so you are not stuck in one resort, and nice to get back to the hotel at the end of the day.  Our tour manager George Wales was fantastic too.  Do go , you'll enjoy it.

Barbara J thanks for your comments. Useful to know about Palma as if there are a few of you who fancy going out from hotel of an evening Palma seems the place to go. I was on this holiday in Sept but was in Puerto Pollenca and lots of bars nearby and enjoyed it there. Is there a gym or spa there? Whats the pool area like, are you able to get sun lounger easily, from website it looks small. Sue

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Reposting this to top of list - anyone else going? Just found out this hotel charges 30 euros to use their wifi, isn't that outrageous!
Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'suer' wrote:

'Eljay' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

There is a bar at the hotel and some limited evening entertainment at a sister hotel. As Barbara says you can be in Palma in ten minutes by bus but I'd prefer a gentle walk around the hotel area but it didn't do it for me. As I say it's a matter of personal preference and I was in a minority in thinking the resort was too quiet, most people thought the proximity of Palma made up for it.

Eljay thanks for your comments. I must admit I like to go out of an evening and have a drink whilst people watching, so if there is nowhere to go it might be a bit quiet for me. Is there a bar and entertainment at hotel?

Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'suer' wrote:

Reposting this to top of list - anyone else going? Just found out this hotel charges 30 euros to use their wifi, isn't that outrageous!

Our tour manager managed to negotiate a cheaper deal for us but I was still miffed as the wifi was free at our original hotel. No guarantee your manager will be prepared or able to negotiate, we had an ex eptional manager, George Wales who went well over and above.

Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
'suer' wrote:

'Eljay' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

There is a bar at the hotel and some limited evening entertainment at a sister hotel. As Barbara says you can be in Palma in ten minutes by bus but I'd prefer a gentle walk around the hotel area but it didn't do it for me. As I say it's a matter of personal preference and I was in a minority in thinking the resort was too quiet, most people thought the proximity of Palma made up for it.

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Eljay' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

'Eljay' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

Eljay thanks for your comments. I must admit I like to go out of an evening and have a drink whilst people watching, so if there is nowhere to go it might be a bit quiet for me. Is there a bar and entertainment at hotel

ljay I like the idea of going into Palma of an evening as its nearby.

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Eljay' wrote:

'suer' wrote:

Our tour manager managed to negotiate a cheaper deal for us but I was still miffed as the wifi was free at our original hotel. No guarantee your manager will be prepared or able to negotiate, we had an ex eptional manager, George Wales who went well over and above.

As I like to take my ipad I will just have to pay for it.

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Mildred, can you please give me an update on how many men and women booked so far and has it got the green light yet thanks?
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Suer,

There are currently 9 travellers booked on this tour and the group is made up of 2 men and 7 women.

It has not yet been given the green light but we are feeling very positive!

Kind Regards,

Mildred

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Suer,

There are currently 9 travellers booked on this tour and the group is made up of 2 men and 7 women.

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Mildred

I'm on the verge of wanting to book but want to wait to get green light before giving any money...is it possible you could let me know when it does get the green light?

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Suer,

Kind Regards,

Mildred

Mildred, how many people are required for this trip to go ahead? Sue

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

We haven't been advised of the minimum numbers for this date, however, with 9 travellers already booked, the team are optimistic that this would go ahead.

Kindest regards,

Julia

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Sue,

We haven't been advised of the minimum numbers for this date, however, with 9 travellers already booked, the team are optimistic that this would go ahead.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia, thans for info. If I were to book and pay a deposit and trip gets cancelled, would I get a refund?

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

If the company were to cancel the holiday, then you would be eligible for a refund, but as I mentioned before, this is looking quite promising at this stage, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Kindest regards,

Julia

suer
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Sue,

If the company were to cancel the holiday, then you would be eligible for a refund, but as I mentioned before, this is looking quite promising at this stage, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Julia, have there been any further bookings since my last post please?

Thanks

Sue

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Sue,

There hasn't been any further bookings since your last post. It is still very early.

Kind Regards,

Mildred