davidj
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I know it's a bit early but is anyone going to the Antarctic at Christmas.

I have booked and am really excited.

(Member)
Hi davidj,

A quick update for you - there are 12 people booked on this trip at the moment.

Kindest regards,

Monty

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator' wrote:

Hi davidj,

A quick update for you - there are 12 people booked on this trip at the moment.

Kindest regards,

Monty

That is very good news. 

Does that mean it is cleared to go?

Julie White
(Member)
Hello Monty,

Please, please, please include this trip for the following Christmas.

I can't go this year and would love to go.

Regards Julie

katy1717
(Member)
Hi David, really jealous, I wish I could go on this trip.  I did try, but - although I'm now only working part-time - I have to work end of December and first week January. 

Please do write a review when you come back, would be great to know how it went.  I do hope to do this, or a similar trip, sometime in the future.

Katy

(Member)
Hi davidj,

It hasn't been cleared to operate just yet as it is a little too early for us to consider. If you check back with us in a couple of months, we may have an update for you.

Kindest regards,

Monty

P.S. Julie we can't promise anything, but if this years trip is popular there may be a good chance there will be another one next year.

PeterG
(Member)
Hi davidj

I have booked this trip. Always wanted to go to the Antarctic but never thought the opportunity would arise. As a bonus I will celebrate my 70th birthday when we are in the Falklands which was another reason to book.

Peter

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PeterG' wrote:

Hi davidj

I have booked this trip. Always wanted to go to the Antarctic but never thought the opportunity would arise. As a bonus I will celebrate my 70th birthday when we are in the Falklands which was another reason to book.

Peter

It's good to hear from someone else who is going. I have wanted to go for a long time so I booked it as soon as I saw it.

I live in the west midlands and this will be my 12th singles holiday.

I know of someone else who is going who lives in South Wales.

Julie White
(Member)
Wow Peter,

Excellent way to spend your special birthday, you will have an amazing time.

Regards Julie

Kezzer46
(Member)
Hi Peter,

What a wonderful way to spend your birthday. I hope you have an amazing time and I am look forward to hearing peoples reviews on this holiday.

Kezzer

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I see that this trip is now sold out. This is good news for those of us who are booked to go. I would not have liked it to have been cancelled due to lack of support.

Is there anyone else on here who is now booked?

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi David

I am not on this trip but wish you a wonderful time. I am sure you will have a great time.

Jaya

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi David

I am not on this trip but wish you a wonderful time.  I am sure you will have a great time.

Jaya

Thank you Jaya. I have wanted to go to the Antarctic for a long time.

I am sure you will have a good time in South Africa and Zambia. I recommend you go to Robben island on your free afternoon in Cape Town. Book the tickets on the internet before you go.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi David

There are other optional on offer during the free afternoon and I have not yet made up my mind. I am also worried about a 'choppy' crossing as not very good sea traveller!

Jaya

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi David

There are other optional on offer during the free afternoon and I have not yet made up my mind.  I am also worried about a 'choppy' crossing as not very good sea traveller!

Jaya

It was a bit choppy but not too bad, but sit inside or you may get wet. Don't want to say too much but on my trip about half went to Robben island and most of the ones that did other option wished they had gone with us.

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I thought I would write a new reply to bring this thread to the top of the list.

Is anyone else on the forum going on this trip?

Also me and one other traveller are staying in a Premier Inn on Bath road (TW6 2AB) the night before the flight. I know there is plenty of time to get to heathrow on the day of the flight but it is December and who knows what the weather will be. Don't want to take the risk of missing my holiday of a lifetime.

The hotel is a very good price at the moment (£29.50 + transfers). Anyone on the trip is welcome to join us for dinner.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi David

I will think about Robben Island whilst I am there as would like to see what the weather is going to be like. Hopefully there will be a possibility of getting a ticket whilst there. Enjoy Antarctic and do write a review on your return. This sound an amazing trip - you are very lucky indeed!

Jaya

davidj
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi David

I will think about Robben Island whilst I am there as would like to see what the weather is going to be like.  Hopefully there will be a possibility of getting a ticket whilst there.  Enjoy Antarctic and do write a review on your return.  This sound an amazing trip - you are very lucky indeed!

Jaya

I think the tickets cost the equivalent of about £17. If it was me I would buy a ticket before I went. I would rather risk losing £17 than risk not being able to go to a place I really wanted to go to. There is also a good chance someone on the trip would buy it off you if you didn't use it. They did not check names on the boat.