Deborahwarcup
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi

I would like to hear from people who've done this trip as I'm hoping to go in October. Also having never travelled alone before was wondering how friendly fellow travellers are?

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deborah

There is nothing to worry about when travelling with Just You. Most of your fellow travellers will be a friendly bunch of people. You all are in the same boat. To date I have been on 11 Just You holidays and am going on my 12th one to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize on Wednesday. I have enjoyed each and every trip and have never felt lonely. You may get on better with some people than others but everyone is friendly. I have not done this trip yet, but it is on my ever growing long list of places to visit. I have heard that Cambodia and Laos trip is very good so if I were you, I would not hesitate and would go ahead and book it. Life is too short!

Best wishes

Jaya

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Deborah,

On my most recent tour our tour manager Freddy told us this was his favourite tour!  He has been working with the company for 23 years and has visited over 130 countries!  He is due to lead a couple of departures later this year, so if you are very lucky you may have him.  Hope you book and have a wonderful time - I've done 12 JY holidays and have enjoyed them all.  You will always find some friendly folks on each tour that you click so don't worry!

Cheers,

Bob

Princi
(Member)
Hi Deborah

I have just come back from my very first trip as a solo travel and using JY.

I had a marvellous time, Even though I was slightly younger than a lot of my travelling companions I felt so at home, even in a group. Everyone looks out for each other, the old hands ( I mean that, ) the people who have done many trips like Bob, still remember what its like to be a Newbie. The beauty of this company, is every one is in the same boat, they , the travellers and the reps, are all there for the same reason, the Love of travelling.

This community sight gave me the courage to take the plung, as when every I posted a query the community responded with warmth and encouragement. Jaya, Bob, Hils, Karon & Lesley to name a few.

You will have a wonderful time and make great memories with this lovely bunch of people.

All the best

Alex

Princi
(Member)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Deborah

There is nothing to worry about when travelling with Just You.  Most of your fellow travellers will be a friendly bunch of people.  You all are in the same boat.  To date I have been on 11 Just You holidays and am going on my 12th one to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize on Wednesday.  I have enjoyed each and every trip and have never felt lonely.  You may get on better with some people than others but everyone is friendly.  I have not done this trip yet, but it is on my ever growing long list of places to visit.   I have heard that Cambodia and Laos trip is very good so if I were you, I would not hesitate and would go ahead and book it.  Life is too short!

Best wishes

Jaya

Jaya, 

Have a great trip. I'm now a convert. I keep shaking my piggy bank to see where to next.x

Alex

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alex,

I'm delighted to hear you had a great time on your first JY tour and all went well - good to know that the "old hands" were a help to you along the way as well!!  Here's to your next JY adventure!

Cheers,

Bob