mairip
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello all,

They say there's a first time for everything.

This is a first time for me travelling abroad solo, in fact my first time abroad for years...and now I've plucked up the courage and am going to visit somewhere I've always wanted to go. Would be happy to hear from anyone going first week in September...or indeed anyone who has tips or advice.

Thanks x

AELB
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mairip

Welcome and congratulations on taking the plunge and booking your first JY trip!. I did the Pompeii tour in September last year and had a fabulous time. If you use the search facility at the top of the message board using 'Pompeii' you'll find reviews from myself and other travellers and loads of tips and suggestions. We were very lucky in my week and had beautiful weather (almost too hot at times) but I know the group the following week had a lot of rain. Luck of the draw really.

My top tips would be:

Take very comfortable walking shoes, do the Herculaneum excursion - in my view, even better than Pompeii and, thanks to the local restaurants and gellatorias, don't weigh yourself when you get home:D

Happy to help if you have any questions

All the best

Mandy

mairip
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'AELB' wrote:

Hi Mairip

Welcome and congratulations on taking the plunge and booking your first JY trip!. I did the Pompeii tour in September last year and had a fabulous time. If you use the search facility at the top of the message board using 'Pompeii' you'll find reviews from myself and other travellers and loads of tips and suggestions. We were very lucky in my week and had beautiful weather (almost too hot at times) but I know the group the following week had a lot of rain. Luck of the draw really.

My top tips would be:

Take very comfortable walking shoes, do the Herculaneum excursion - in my view, even better than Pompeii and, thanks to the local restaurants and gellatorias, don't weigh yourself when you get home:D

Happy to help if you have any questions

All the best

Mandy

Thank you for your reply Mandy, I find it reassuring. I've already booked the Herculaneum excursion and am very much looking forward to it. I'll try to find your reviews.

Thanks again

Mairi :thumbup:

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mairi

All I would say is go with an open mind. Enjoy your first Just You experience. I can assure you that you will have a fantastic time.

Jaya