Lynda L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello fellow travellers

Has anyone who has been on the Chile, Argentina & Brazil trip had a yellow fever jab? There seems to be some confusion with the information I've had from my surgery. Thank you.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynda,

I had a yellow fever jab four years ago as I was doing the South Africa/Zambia tour. I did Chile, Argentina, Brazil the following year and there was no mention of needing the jab (but that might have been because I'd had it the previous year!). However I do not remember anyone else on the tour mentioning the need for it. Check with your local medical centre at least two months before you travel to see what jabs you need. If you are over 70, the yellow fever jab is normally not advised. Certainly there is no need for a yellow fever cert to visit those countries, so I don't think it's needed, but better to check just to be certain.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Bob

PS the South America tour is amazing, one of my best holidays ever so I hope you go and have a great time!

Lynda L
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Bob

There was some confusion with my surgery but I've now been advised to have to have the jab. Just like to say I always enjoy your reviews

PeterG
(Member)
I had a yellow fever jab for Clile, Argentina and Brazil when I went last October. My surgery said it was advisable for the Iguassu Falls area.As Bob says its a really great trip.

Peter

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lynda,

Many thanks for your kind comments! You've probably seen the review I wrote of this tour - going over the Andes was a wonderful experience and the Iguazu Falls are incredible. Best wine tasting too (and I've done a few at this stage!) and best beef ever in Argentina. Fantastic from start to finish, enjoy!

Cheers,

Bob

sm2012
(Member)
Hi

I'm going in a couple of weeks on same trip with Travelphere (did book with Just You but not enough booked so had the option to transfer to Travelsphere) and have just had my yellow fever injection on the advice of my surgery. 🙂 S