Vicki123
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, my name is Vicki and I am a new member of the community, a first timer with Just You. I am travelling to Malta on 7 October and would like to contact anyone else who is booked on the holiday. I have never been on a holiday alone before and am excited!
1981Kedi
(Member)
Hi Vicki

Just to say I am currently in Malta on the JY trip. I will post something later on but just to say so far so good. Company fine - we are 18 ladies and 4 men. The weather is HOT and HUMID now but may have 'cooled' to something a bit more comfortable in October.

Assuming you are at the same hotel - San Antonio - There are several pools in the hotel so bring your cossie. Pool towels provided. There is a spa and several ladies have had treatments - will ask them later! Tea and coffee making set up in room with tea bags etc replaced daily. As there is a fridge you can buy real milk! Plenty of places to eat and drink nearby as well as in the hotel. Supermarket for water (you don't drink the tap water) and everything else you might need very close to the hotel. Lots of beachy and souvenir type shops too.

Trips in air conditioned coach - driver sells water if you forget or need more! Our local guide Alfred has been a mine of information.

I have just been to the Malta Aquarium which is about a 15 minute walk. Well worth the effort. Not massive but clean and well set out. Now off to the pool!

Any questions just ask and I will see what I can do. Sure you will have a good time and meet some new friends.

1981Kedi
(Member)
Another thought - some of the pavements, roads and steps are very uneven - so a comfortable pair of shoes or sandals is a good idea. I am wearing walking sandals everywhere - lightweight but strong soles and adjustable straps. (And flip flops for the pool!)