petershare
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from the Ahr valley a great holiday with a lovely group of people and Carol an excellent tour manager.

Take Care and thank you for the music Peter:[/size][/font]

chattycathy1
(Member)
'petershare' wrote:

Just returned from the Ahr valley a great holiday with a lovely group of people and Carol an excellent tour manager.

Take Care and thank you for the music Peter:[/size][/font]

Hi that sounds great, just what I was wondering as off on 24 may, guessing the walking was good and the weather not to bad, music? official or unofficial enterainment

chattycathy1
(Member)
Hi Peter great to read the review I am off to the Ahr valley on 24 may and looking forward to it, but it good to know that it is enjoyable, and was not sure if the music was laid on or just happened with fellow travellers, was it warm and would £70 euros a day be sufficient do you thinks
NeilP
  • (Member)
(Member)
I was on this holiday too. It was awesome! I think Peter's music was metaphorical (Unless everyone had a sing-along without including me!) - we all gelled together very well so we made some nice friendships coming out of it. Speaking of music there was a night of music in the hotel restaurant.

Weather started out with heavy rain but that was on the first night so we spent it travelling on the train or bus. During the actual walks and wandering around it started off with very, very light showers and very cool, crisp air. It got quite nice as the days went on. I expect it'll be warmer when you go so make sure you stock up on water during treks.

I was reserved with my spending so I'd expect 70 euros per day would be plenty.

petershare
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'chattycathy1' wrote:

Hi Peter great to read the review I am off to the Ahr valley on 24 may and looking forward to it, but it good to know that it is enjoyable, and was not sure if the music was laid on or just happened with fellow travellers, was it warm and would £70 euros a day be sufficient do you thinks

Hi Cathy,

Not used the system for a while, sorry for the no response but Neil's post gave a good insight into the great holiday we had. Hope you enjoyed the holiday and if you spent 70 euros a day you probably had a wonderful time!

Cheers Peter