whitty
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Am booked on this trip which will be my 3rd jy holiday,flying from heathrow 9th sept,this is a 50th birthday treat to myself,am a big fan of john wayne westerns and have always wanted to see monument valley,this will be my first time to the usa,and first ever long haul flight,have been reading a lot of the info you guys have been putting on here,which has helped me out a lot,am travelling up the day before from gloucestershire,i know theres another thread on here for the may trip,thought i would start this one for those of us going in september,so we can say hello to each other

andy

wayne41
(Member)
Hi andy, just seen your thread.im to will be going on this holiday on the 9th of sept. it will be my third time visiting America.i will be travelling up from Devon the day before,and staying in a hotel near the airport.sounds like going by the reviews people are writing we will have a busy holiday. wayne.
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy and Wayne, I'm also on this tour - it will be my 6th JY tour and 3rd time to the US and I am really looking forward to seeing spectacular scenery. I'm flying in from Belfast that morning and should have plenty of time to meet up with you all before flying, as our flight doesn't leave Heathrow until 4.05pm. It should be a fantastic trip and looking forward to meeting you and all our other fellow travellers then.

Cheers,

Bob

whitty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hello wayne and bob

looking forward to this trip big time,as you say it does seem as though it is going to be full on which i do not mind,have also been reading all the reviews and trying to pick up as much info as i can,just hope i take enough discs for the camcorder.

just sorting out all of these excursions decisons,decisions.

andy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy and Wayne, have you decided which excursions to do yet? I've just been away for a few days and plan to book later this week. I'm thinking of doing them all except the Rainbow Bridge flight, which would mean booking the Grand Canyon helicopter flight and the flights over Monument Valley and Bryce Canyon - they all add up to a lot, but I reckon I'll never have the opportunity to see these places again. Julia said they need a certain number for the flight excursions to operate and if you're interested it would be better to book now rather than waiting till you get there, as if they don't get enough advance bookings then those flights will probably not be offered at all. If you book and they don't run, you'll get a full refund.

Cheers,

Bob

Endacksi@aol.com
(Member)
Hi Andy Wayne and Bob. Am also going on the 9th. Many years since I last went to this area of the US and can't wait. It is FANTASTIC! See you all soon.

Anne

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Anne,

That's great to know, looking forward to meeting you then! I've just booked the excursions, all of them except the Rainbow Bridge flight. I am so excited, I can't wait!

Cheers,

Bob

whitty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hello anne,bob,wayne

have now booked all the excursions,except the rainbow bridge flight,may decide to do that when i am there will wait and see,have been doing google searches of all the hotels where we are staying,to see what they have on site and looking at whats nearby walking distance for eating and having the odd budweiser or two.

will be looking to check into airport early as i want to try and get a aisle seat,then probably wonder round and have a bite to eat in the weatherspoons.

andy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Andy, great to hear you've gone for the same excursions as me - it means that the Monument Valley and Bryce Canyon flights are more likely to operate! I think they need four for each so we're at least half way there! Hopefully I'll bump into you at Weatherspoons or Garfunkels at the airport.

All the best,

Bob

Ian W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All. It'll be nice to meet you on the 9th. Always wanted to see Grand Canyon so this is special to me. I've booked all the excursions but hope the Monument Valley 4x4 and flight don't overlap as have been told by JY that may not be able to go on plane. They'll just have to make 4x4 a fast run. I'm travelling up from Cornwall the weekend before and staying with my sister in Kent. She is coming as well and we will travel up on morning of the 9th to Heathrow. It'll be nice to meet you all in person. Ian
whitty
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Ian

When I booked monument valley jeep and plane I was told one is in the morning and the other is in the afternoon so we should be alright,see you on the 9th of September under 6 weeks now.

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian,

The guy from customer service told me that it is possible to do both the 4x4 and the flight and they take place after each other! So I hope he's right and we can do both without any difficulty.

Good to hear from you and looking forward to meeting you and your sister on the 9th - not too long now!

Cheers,

Bob

wayne41
(Member)
HI,Andy,Bob,Anne& Ian. ive now booked a few of the excursions,great salt lake city,lake powell cruise,monument valley 4 wheel drive & grand canyon heli flight. still thinking about the rest.

Only 5 weeks to go,cant wait!!

Ian W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All. When I booked all the excursions I was very disappointed to be told that I may miss the Monument Valley Flight as the 4X4 might over run. I really wanted to be in the valley as well so am really crossing my fingers that both will happen. You of course get your money back if the flight is missed but that is not the point! Let's hope good fortune is looking down on us. Ian[/font]
BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ian, when I booked I was told there'd be no problem doing both! Also Olive in her review said it should be fine to do both and four in their group did - so fingers crossed! We can check with the tour manager and she will, I'm sure, do everything she can to make sure we get to do both. It should all be amazing!

Cheers,

Bob

Alison JM
(Member)
Hi All

I am also travelling up from Kent to join the party!

My first JU trip which I am very excited about it. I have been "umming and aahing" about which trips but am also about to book all as I am unlikely to be able to do it again any time soon.

Reading what everyone has to say it sounds like we all have a similar attitude to this decision.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Alison

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Good for you Alison, it should be an amazing holiday! Looking forward to meeting you!

All the best,

Bob

Endacksi@aol.com
(Member)
Hi Andy . Hope this works. JY website is not clear so will write what I did earlier but am not sure it will appear! You can pre book a seat by going to the BA website. You need their booking ref ( not JU's) which is BA booking ref:- 6CDI7G plus your name. Go to "choose your seat" and you will get a view of the cabin. Before you can choose you have to click on your name as the passenger (at top of page) then click on the seat you want. Costs but it's worth it to be where you want to be on a 10 hour flight.
Endacksi@aol.com
(Member)
Maybe we can all meet at Heathrow before the flight. Suggest Andy's Weatherspoons.
wayne41
(Member)
Hi All, just wondering if anybody would like to meet up, have a beer before the flight?