Sue Southampton
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi everyone

This is mostly for the people who went to Canada last year and went on the extra trips. I was wondering how much people paid (roughly) for the trips especially the helicopter trip which I am definately going on so that I know roughly how much to put by for them. I intend to do that one plus 2 others.. Also was it easy to book the helicopter trip or are there more people wanting to go on them than places available. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks to all who reply

Sue Southampton

michael1
(Member)
Hi Sue

I did this superb holiday last June and did all of the optional extras with the exception of the Nature Walk. We had the option of paying for the helicopter trip by card on the day, I think when converted it was about £125ish. The flight time is about 30 mins and you go up in groups of five which means everyone has a good view, and in my opinion the experience is well worth the outlay. As with all optional extras, our tour manager asked in advance who was interested and pre-booked it, so availability was not a problem.

I can't remember the specific prices of the other trips - I think they all ranged from £30-£55 except for Vancover Island which was nearer £90 - but as a guide I calculated I spent about CAN$1,200 (about £750) during the holiday. With the exception of the helicopter and nature walk, this covered all of my other expenditure - remember that the holiday price does not include many evening meals. There were ATM's close by to all four places we stayed at so withdrawing money en route was not a problem. For what it's worth, I personally felt all the optional extras were good value for money so good luck choosing!

Hope this helps.

Michael.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue

You should be able to find out the cost of extra excursion by either calling Customer Services or asking the 'Editor'. Having said this, usually you receive information about the extra excursions with your final holiday pack and you may even have an option to pay for them before departing for your holiday.

Have a great time.

Jaya

Sue Southampton
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Dear Michael

Thanks for your email. You have been a great help and I have a much better idea as how much it will cost me. I am not sure which ones II will choose other than the helicopter trip of course. That is a must.. Thanks again Sue Southampton

PS If anyone else is going there this June perhaps we can swop email addresses with Tom's help.

quote='michael1' pid='223644' dateline='1359972744']

Hi Sue

I did this superb holiday last June and did all of the optional extras with the exception of the Nature Walk. We had the option of paying for the helicopter trip by card on the day, I think when converted it was about £125ish. The flight time is about 30 mins and you go up in groups of five which means everyone has a good view, and in my opinion the experience is well worth the outlay. As with all optional extras, our tour manager asked in advance who was interested and pre-booked it, so availability was not a problem.

I can't remember the specific prices of the other trips - I think they all ranged from £30-£55 except for Vancover Island which was nearer £90 - but as a guide I calculated I spent about CAN$1,200 (about £750) during the holiday. With the exception of the helicopter and nature walk, this covered all of my other expenditure - remember that the holiday price does not include many evening meals. There were ATM's close by to all four places we stayed at so withdrawing money en route was not a problem. For what it's worth, I personally felt all the optional extras were good value for money so good luck choosing!

Hope this helps.

Michael.

michael1
(Member)
Hi Sue

Glad to hear I was of some help. Just want to clear up one error I made re the optional extras, the Vancouver Island tour is part of the holiday price, it's the trip to the North Shore (Capilano suspension bridge and Grouse mountain) which was optional at around £90 and not as I stated earlier (sorry). If you're not fortunate to see a grizzly during your travels, Grouse Mountain gives you the opportunity to get close up to the two which are in captivity.

You're in for a brilliant time whatever trips to decide to do though!

Michael.