Anneed
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Anyone else thinking of doing this one? I'm slightly put off by the thought of unpacking at three different hotels - and the price (which the small print says may be subject to change).

However I've wanted to visit Petra for as long as I can remember and it sounds a really fascinating trip.

Does anyone know if October is a good time to visit Jordan?

Angie S
(Member)
I'm looking at this although I've a chance of doing something else so will likely put off til next year.

From what I can gather, I think October (autumn) is a good time to go - temps not too high.

Regarding packing / unpacking - have you tried packing cubes? See the thread under hints and tips. Will make packing / unpacking so much easier and organised.

Angie

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello

Jordan in September 2009 was my first Just You holiday and it was fantastic. I chose it as I always wanted to see Petra. October should be a good time to visit Jordan as well and it will not be too hot. Petra was a bit hot in September! Don't worry about unpacking at different hotels - initially I too was put off by this thought, but it is not too bad. You get used to it. I used packing cubes for the first time when I went to Israel this year and they are fantastic as long as you are organised in packing. We stayed in 3 different hotels and packing cubes made life very easy. I got mine from Amazon and am thinking of getting a second set. You will love Jordan so do not let anything put you off.

Jaya

Anneed
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Never heard of packing 'cubes' - will certainly look into this. Thanks for the encouragement, I think I will go for it.

Another question - any advice on whether or not to go for a flight upgrade with the Jordanian airways? I guess it will be a long flight so I'd been keen to do this but are we talking a few hundred pounds extra or a couple of thousand?

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I actually flew with EasyJet from Luton! Those who flew with Jordanian Airways said that it was a lovely plane with lots of leg room and great food. Obviously much better than EasyJet - I had to pay a supplement to fly EasyJet and did not even get a free sandwich! The flight is just over 5 hours so you do not really need an upgrade, but you can call Just You to find out how much it will cost if you want to upgrade.

Jaya