AngeS
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, I am booked on this tour Jan 31st and this is my 6th holiday with JY, but it will be the largest group numbering 34, that I have travelled with, so this will be a new experience with so many people, I think the largest in times past have been 28, however I spoken to people on other holidays who have done this trip and they all assure me that's its a wonderful holiday and that the Thai people are lovely.

Anybody else out there booked on it who might like to make themsleves known.

Ange S

Debs1961
(Member)
'AngeS' wrote:

Hi all, I am booked on this tour Jan 31st and this is my 6th holiday with JY, but it will be the largest group numbering 34, that I have travelled with, so this will be a new experience with so many people, I think the largest in times past have been 28, however I spoken to people on other holidays who have done this trip and they all assure me that's its a wonderful holiday and that the Thai people are lovely.

Ange S

Hi Ange, I am going to Thailand but on the March trip. I also heard its a really good one to go on and was torn between the two dates but due to work commitments decided not to go Jan 31st. I hope you have a fabulous time and will let us know some good tips when you get back. Its great to know that once christmas is over we have something special to look forward too!!

Debs

AngeS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for reply Debs, only that I know there are 34 on this trip I would start to think I was going alone, seriously though I have met people on other trips that who done Thailand with JY and all have all said what a wonderful trip it is, and yes I will post on points that I think are worth mentioning when I get back.

Ange S

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, I went on this over Christmas and New Year 2005. You'll love it, it's great the whole trip.

Helen

AngeS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for replying Helen, my only fear is not being able to get to Heathrow if it snows!!! and I only live 30 minutes down the road.

Ange S

pippajen
(Member)
Hello

I am going jan 31st. I am so excited as it's not long to wait :thumbup:

I have tried to post on here before but my message never got posted so .....third time lucky! If not I look forward to meeting you in person on 31st Jan.

take care

Pippa

AngeS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pippajen' wrote:

Hello

I have tried to post on here before but my message never got posted so .....third time lucky! If not I look forward to meeting you in person on 31st Jan.

take care

Pippa

carole may
(Member)
'AngeS' wrote:

Ange S

Hi Ange, I think we have spoken before, I am going on the trip too and it's my first time with Just You. You did kindly respond to my email when I was deciding what to do with regard to booking this holiday and I received all positive responses so hence I booked. Really looking forward to it.

Carole:thumbup:

carole may
(Member)
'AngeS' wrote:

'pippajen' wrote:

Hello

take care

Pippa

Hi Pippa and to Everyone who is going to Thailand on the 31st Jan 2013. I have nothing but good reports and so looking forward to it. It is my first solo trip so a little nervous which I think is understandable, looking forward to meeting you all, safe journey.

Regards Carole

RLJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'carole wrote:

'AngeS' wrote:

'pippajen' wrote:

Hello

take care

Pippa

Hi Pippa and to Everyone who is going to Thailand on the 31st Jan 2013. I have nothing but good reports and so looking forward to it. It is my first solo trip so a little nervous which I think is understandable, looking forward to meeting you all, safe journey.

Regards Carole

Hello to everyone going to Thailand on 31 January

I will be going on the 14 March departure and would be glad of any reviews, tips etc when you return. Please don't tell me about any of the excursions you didn't believe were any good as I've booked them all !!!! Have a wonderful holiday and look forward to hearing from you all.:thumbup:

AngeS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Pippa and Carole, so glad I now know the name of couple of people who are going on this holiday, its very reassuring, and I to am so looking forward to it and am now starting to get bits of things together.

Pippa you don't say if you have been away with JL before but Carole Its natural to be nervous when all of this is new to you. This is my 6th holdiay with JY so I think that speaks for itself, and I am sure you will enjoy yourself and be looking at the brouchure for your next holiday on returning home.

I am in Berkshire so don't have much of a journey to Heathrow and I look forward to meeting up with you both

Ange

Love2Travel
(Member)
😉 Hi to Ange, Pippa, Carole and all on 31 Jan in Thailand. Really looking forward to this. Am travelling from Warwick by National Express which means I , unfortunately, arrive well before check in. My second JY holiday. The last one to Spain was excellent. Not sure which excursions to book in advance and wonder if I should book some when I get there.

Very excited and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Janet

Jean from Scotland
(Member)
Hi, I am booked on this tour Jan 31st and this is my 1st holiday with JY,

Hope to meet you then.

Jean

Love2Travel
(Member)
:)
'AngeS' wrote:

A Big Hello to Ange, Debs, Carole and everyone else off the Thailand on 31 Jan. Most excited and trying to work out which excursions to pre-book and wondering if it is possible to book locally a few times when I can see how the timings of the optional trips fit in with the included ones.

I will be travelling from Warwick Parkway with National Express and arriving at 4 pm and wonder what is the earliest check in time.

Very excited

janet

AngeS
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Janet, you can always book trips locally, the thing that puts me off booking the whole package from the UK is that if you are perhaps unwell for couple of days usually the money is not refundable, so I intend to book a few from here and the rest when I get there, it just means carrying extra money with you as you can't play by credit card.

As regards arriving at the airport, I only live 30 minutes away from H'row but like to arrive and in plenty of time for looking around the airside shops before going to the lounge, I look on this as part of my holiday and the 31st is coming around so quickly, and I look forward to meeting everybody soon

Ange S

pippajen
(Member)
Hi everyone, phew not long now.... I am travelling from manchester on the shuttle. Looking forward to meeting you all at Heathrow. I haven't booked any excursions either Janet, I believe we can book when we are there 🙂

I have been to China with JY but it was several yrs ago - I had a great time. Hoping this one will be as good

Pippa

Jean from Scotland
(Member)
Hello Janet,

I am on the trip on 31st, not long now and getting very vervous. I am flying from Glasgow and arrive at Heathrow around 5pm then change from T5 to T3 so hope to be able to get an early check in then hit the shops and lounge. Looking forward to meeting you and the other on Thursday.

Jean