Lynda.P
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

Just booked for Sorrento June 27th from Liverpool anyone going? or has een can you let me know what the tours our like ? If it's best to go independently to Pompeii and especailly Herculaneum ( not mentioned as a tour) whic I would love to see.

Lynda::-/

michael1
(Member)
Hi Lynda

I went on this tour in October and thoroughly enjoyed it. It offers a great mix of stunning scenery and historical interest, and you'll still have four half days to do as you wish even if you do all of the optional extras. For Pompeii, the tour guide gets you there early morning which is good as you avoid the long queues which build up later in the day. This is a half day tour which also means you'll have enough time to see Herculaneum afterwards. Bernie (our tour guide) walked us to the train station and helped us over the language issues by helping us buy tickets both there and back to Sorrento afterwards (about €4). It's really easy to get to Herculaneum with no need to change trains, and the site is a 10 minute walk along the main road from the train station, you can't miss it. The journey back to Sorrento is just as easy, just keep on the same train all the way!

Hope this helps.

Michael.

Honeymonster
(Member)
I'm looking at this trip, would be my first with JY and on my own but am dithering. Have always wanted to go to Italy but with the variety of tours I can't decide.
Lynda.P
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you , this sounds like a great idea

Lynda

Hi Lynda

I went on this tour in October and thoroughly enjoyed it. It offers a great mix of stunning scenery and historical interest, and you'll still have four half days to do as you wish even if you do all of the optional extras. For Pompeii, the tour guide gets you there early morning which is good as you avoid the long queues which build up later in the day. This is a half day tour which also means you'll have enough time to see Herculaneum afterwards. Bernie (our tour guide) walked us to the train station and helped us over the language issues by helping us buy tickets both there and back to Sorrento afterwards (about €4). It's really easy to get to Herculaneum with no need to change trains, and the site is a 10 minute walk along the main road from the train station, you can't miss it. The journey back to Sorrento is just as easy, just keep on the same train all the way!

Hope this helps.

Michael.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi,

Im also living in Liverpool. Im trying to decide between this or Tuscany!!

Mark

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Honemonster

Not sure why you are dithering when you always wanted to go to Italy. Just go ahead and book it and I can assure you that you will have no regrets. Life is too short so why waste precious time dithering?! Sorrento is lovely. I went there years ago - not with Just You and had a great time. Pompeii is great. Hope you will book and go on this trip as I am sure you will enjoy it.

Jaya