Chloesonic :)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Everyone,

Im planning my 2nd holiday with JY to Thailand. Just wondering if I pay for for the optional excursions before the holiday which saves taking more cash and can pay by card for the drinks at the hotel ?

How much did you take and did you have to get more out? Im thinking

if I got about £200 transferred into Thai Baht would that be enough?

I heard that for the Wats (temples) you cant wear shorts and t-shirts but in Sept it will be boiling any advise??

For the plugs which plugs are in tour hotels as theres lots of info on Google about most have both but some have just the round two pin plugs like Europe and some have the flat prungs like the US, Please help.

Any other info would be great 🙂

Chloe x

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Chloesonic wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Im planning my 2nd holiday with JY to Thailand. Just wondering if I pay for for the optional excursions before the holiday which saves taking more cash and can pay by card for the drinks at the hotel ?

How much did you take and did you have to get more out? Im thinking

if I got about £200 transferred into Thai Baht would that be enough?

I heard that for the Wats (temples) you cant wear shorts and t-shirts but in Sept it will be boiling any advise??

For the plugs which plugs are in tour hotels as theres lots of info on Google about most have both but some have just the round two pin plugs like Europe and some have the flat prungs like the US, Please help.

Any other info would be great 🙂

Chloe x

Hi Chloe,

I'm doing this tour on 1st November, so will report back! In terms of excursions and money - I have pre-paid all the trips from the UK. Most of the meals are included on this tour, so you will just need money for drinks, souvenirs (and I gather it is a shopper's paradise!), and don't forget to allow enough local currency to tip the driver and local guide. I always pay the British Tour Manager in sterling. I have bought a Skross World Travel Adapter, which should cover all the plugs. Most temples do not allow shorts, and you must have your arms covered - take a pashmina/scarf etc. I will be wearing capris most of the time, and saving my shorts for the beach!

Cheers,

Hils